iOS beta 3.5.99.6 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.99.6 feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:15 pm

BUG: Inbox has some, but not all messages, and shows an animated "loading" cursor at the bottom. I've let it sit for several minutes and it never finishes loading the entire inbox. It only shows 8 of 13 messages. This was an issue with the previous beta as well.

My Inbox has (13) items in it, according to both the springboard badge, as well as the count in the Main Menu, and in the My Waze list which shows the Inbox and number of messages:

waze_springboard_badge.jpg
waze_springboard_badge.jpg (3.11 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
mywaze_badge.jpg
mywaze_badge.jpg (4.16 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
inbox_unread13.jpg
inbox_unread13.jpg (3.26 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:52 pm

I don't see the ability to Reply from the Inbox.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Holy crap. I just solved a user request of my own at my desk. Waze was running on my phone. Within 1s of me closing the User Request, Waze flipped to my inbox to show me the resolved problem message.

Hopefully, if I was driving, this would not happen, right? It was only because I was sitting at my desk that Waze popped directly to the message.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:18 am

This may not be beta-specific, but I'm noting today that I'm getting "preferred route" hearts in the Routes overview. Unfortunately, it's showing it for all routes. Does this signify the return of learning routes and not just destinations?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361150260.293804.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361150260.293804.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 1166 times

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Waze crashes for me every time when searching for one particular contact. For other contacts it fails to find them at all. Crash logs uploaded a short while ago.
iPhone 4S 32GB (Jailed) • iOS 7.1.0 • Waze 3.7.9.922 Beta
Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • iPhone Expert
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:55 pm

On my both my trips round the Manchester Orbital Car Park (AKA the M60 Motorway/Freeway) today Waze could not make it's mind up about the traffic conditions (where were pretty bad) and was constantly adding 15 minutes to my journey time then taking it away again. Mostly there was a minute or two between pop-ups but sometimes it was just a few seconds ... It was totally annoying and if I were a first time user I'd be dismissing Waze, somehow this needs smoothing/masking.

Other observations:
1. After reporting a traffic jam I do not want to see the "are you in traffic" pop-up when I haven't even moved from the spot where I reported traffic.
2. After reporting petrol prices I do not want to see the "report petrol prices" pop-up when I haven't even moved from the spot where I reported the price already.
3. Speed camera audible warnings are still broken, even approaching a 50mph camera at 70 mph does not give any sound. This is such a simple km/miles conversion bug ... why isn't it fixed yet?
4. Speed camera pop-ups STILL block the map. Make them smaller, get rid of them or give me the option to not see them!
5. We still have to play the Auto Day/Night lottery. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't.
6. Main menu has 6 icons when driving and 8 (landscape)/9 (portrait) when navigating, whereas the report menu is always 8/9. Can we be consistent whatever form that takes?
7. The text entry box when reporting Map issues is obscured by keyboard in landscape mode.
8. The Fuel logo in the main menu has $ sign, whereas the one in the report menu does not.

If any of these issues are by design, or Waze has no intention of ever fixing them please let us know then I will stop raising them!

Please please please, before pushing on beyond v3.6 and adding yet more features can we sort out all the silly UI bugs that are leftovers from previous releases?

I will say however, that that in these v3.6 betas quite of few of my long running minor issues have been fixed ... Thanks!
Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • iPhone Expert
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 pm

perlin wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:On my both my trips round the Manchester Orbital Car Park (AKA the M60 Motorway/Freeway) today Waze could not make it's mind up about the traffic conditions (where were pretty bad) and was constantly adding 15 minutes to my journey time then taking it away again.

Date & time of occurrence?

8.20 - 8.40 and 16.30 - 16-50 GMT Yesterday (18/Feb/2013)
Uploading all my logs from yesterday now.

perlin wrote:We are aware of your dissatisfaction with the camera alerts, but a change of design is not planned for the next version. It will be in a future one.

Thanks. Will this be when Average speed cameras are introduced? I will not raise this issue again for this release.

perlin wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:3. Speed camera audible warnings are still broken
5. We still have to play the Auto Day/Night lottery. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't.
7. The text entry box when reporting Map issues is obscured by keyboard in landscape mode.

We are aware of these problems, they will be fixed (not for the next version).

Thanks. I will not raise this issues again for this release.
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:01 pm

I never got my old messages back on the beta. Only have the welcome message and now some UR resolves. :(
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Picking up the "retained settings", every time I install a new beta my client re-downloads the recorded language pack, and on top of that always fails the first few times to download everything. The files are already there, I don't know why it thinks it needs to get them again :|
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:51 am

I know it has been reported several times already, but I personally thought the popups without street name were reports from streets really without name and maybe even without street, but I just saw a popup on a segment with a street name (but no city), so I think this is really a bug caused by automatic generated traffic reports from waze, see attach

IMG_6991.PNG
IMG_6991.PNG (95.82 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Next

Return to App Beta Testing