Android beta 3.5.99.910 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: After phone call - Doesn't return to Waze

Postby a4bolek » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Beven wrote:Not quite sure what's going on, but here's the scenario:

Previously with my HTC Sensation 4G, if in Waze and I receive a phone call, the phone app displays - which is normal. But after the phone call, the phone would auto switch back to waze.

I've recently purchased a Nexus 4 running android 4.2.2 stock. If I receive a phone call in Waze, it'll switch to the phone app. However, after the call, it'll either go to the lock screen, or if the lock screen is disabled, to the phonecall history -- but just not back to the Waze app.

Can anyone assist?

That seems to be normal behavior on JB 4.2.2 devices. My Galaxy Nexus does the same. Goes back to call history. Only time it returns back to Waze is if I don't answer the call.
a4bolek

Re: Adding a stop more painful than it should be.

Postby perlin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:34 pm

jrobertray wrote:It seems more effort has been put into making the experience of adding a destination be a good experience even when there is currently network / gps problems. However, adding a stop is an aggravating experience in these conditions............

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that this whole process can be frustrating (especially when there's a network failure) and I can assure you we always think about new ways to improve the experience. So thanks for the tips!
perlin

R: Android beta 3.5.99.910 feedback thread

Postby bedo2991 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:56 am

Some letters are trimmed.
Screenshot_2013-02-15-15-22-49.png
(103.4 KiB) Downloaded 487 times

"Via Ruggero Ruggeri, Fano"
"Sottopasso"
Inviato dal mio GT-I8190 con Tapatalk 2
Last edited by bedo2991 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Android beta 3.5.99.910 feedback thread

Postby perlin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 am

** For registered users only **

Link: http://bit.ly/YvbcAM

What's new
- New sign-up flow
- Splash screen and installation proccess is now compatible with landscape mode

What's fixed
- Stability
- UI bugs
perlin

After phone call - Doesn't return to Waze

Postby Beven » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Not quite sure what's going on, but here's the scenario:

Previously with my HTC Sensation 4G, if in Waze and I receive a phone call, the phone app displays - which is normal. But after the phone call, the phone would auto switch back to waze.

I've recently purchased a Nexus 4 running android 4.2.2 stock. If I receive a phone call in Waze, it'll switch to the phone app. However, after the call, it'll either go to the lock screen, or if the lock screen is disabled, to the phonecall history -- but just not back to the Waze app.

Can anyone assist?
Beven

Adding a stop more painful than it should be.

Postby shrimploaf » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:53 am

This is not a new thing for this beta, so I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place.

It seems more effort has been put into making the experience of adding a destination be a good experience even when there is currently network / gps problems. However, adding a stop is an aggravating experience in these conditions.

My routine each morning and evening is to travel to work / home and to add a stop to the place where my girlfriend works (we carpool). The UX is not as streamlined as it could be even when things are working well:

1) Prompt "are you going to work?"
2) Press "yes."
3) Wait for route calculation, prompt to confirm route.
4) Press to confirm route.
5) Press lower left button.
6) Press add stop.
7) Select destination from list.
8) Wait for route calculation, prompt to confirm route.
9) Press to confirm route.
10) Guidance begins.

These are a lot of steps to go through even when the network is connected and working fast. It gets worse when the network is not connected or there is no GPS fix. (I start my trip both ways in a parking structure so I usually am trying to do these steps with no GPS fix and/or a weak or no data connection.)

So when there is no GPS fix, or even no data connection, steps 1-4 seem to still work well. An on-board route is selected and I'm shown "N/A" for the ETA, etc. Steps 5-7 are also fine.

Step 8 is where the trouble begins. The route calculation may run a long time and eventually give up. My "stop" doesn't exist but the pink graphic in the ETA box is there. I'm being routed to my end destination still. I have to start over at step 5. There are variations to what can happen where when the network connection is flaky. I've seen it remove my destination and stop routing me.

I've seen a route re-calculation happen while on step 7 and have it auto-dismiss the list of destinations so I have to start over at step 5.

What would be great is after I'm past step 7 to have the client remember what my desired stop is, and keep retrying to calculate the route. Just because the the client couldn't get a route from the server it doesn't mean I don't still want to go there. :)

While I'm wishing for things, I would remove step 4. In my usage it wastes time, and I can always go into route options later if I care to.

And lastly, I would love to be able to save a preset destination+stop.

Thanks for listening!
shrimploaf

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing