iOS beta 3.5.99.8 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.99.8 feedback thread

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 pm

scarlogarcia wrote:Sent "my location" from "send location" feature. That location is a no named parking lot saved to my favorites as "Work".

My SMS message doesn't really inform where I am but only a blank space.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361474233.789867.jpg

Sent from my mobile

Does it normally put something there other than the URL link? If so, I'm not sure what else it could put if you're on an unnamed road. Is there anything in the City field on that road?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:27 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I did a search for the "safeway" grocery store yesterday to add as a stop point. Waze jumped straight to my contacts to show my a single result: "Keith Stokes" I found multiple hits for "safeway" under bing, foursquare, etc., so why did Waze jump directly to contacts?

Same thing here..."Mcdonalds" brought me to an e-mail link for my office e-mail.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:30 pm

23 items in my inbox? Apparently not.

I got my first UR solved client notification today. but all it did was show a banner when it came in. It wasn't in the inbox either.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:00 pm

perlin wrote:
scarlogarcia wrote:I was making a randomly and crazy test. So, I set a "start point" (not a stop point) and a destination. What I mean for "expected"? I got my "highlighted route" not fitted to my start and destination point. Since that rout of 120 meters had its highlighted route totally outside of my points.

Couldn't reproduce. If you have exact steps to reproduce it, please share.

It's quite easy to reproduce similar cases:

- pick a point and set as start
- pick a point and set as destination
- everything is usually ok until now
- add a stop point
- usually there is a route from the designated start to the designated destination passing by the point

but
- some times, depending if an alternative route is choosen, or if a popup of "going to work" or if there was no GPS and now there is, or network, or the phase of the moon, the client decides to forget the start point and creates a route either from "here" to the destination, or with luck from "here" to the stop and then to the destination.

~ even easier to reproduce is to try to remove the stop point and add a new one. most of the times removing or then adding will forget the start point.

The main issue is that if we try something more complicated than start->destination->stop, the start point is usually forgotten.

In the case of the image it seems that the start point was indeed lost, and there was an attempt to create a route from here to the end, and at that moment the car was pointing down albeit on the pic is already pointing up.

It happens a lot, but I wouldn't mind that much about it for now. The "set as start" is not 100%, but it's also not the core of the client, and there is other priorities I assume ;)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Another suggestion: on the inbox, as you are not using the standard edit delete swipe to delete view, please make sure the checkbox is clickable outside the checkbox. As is today it's quite easy to click slightly outside the checkbox (specially above or below) and open the message instead of toggling the checkbox.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:52 pm

top_gun_de wrote:It's quite short. Radios tend to cut a little at the beginning of a transmission, and yours might not switch as fast. Fwiw, BT-streaming uses at least half a dozen different protocols, some of them are made for hand-free phone usage, others for high-quality stereo music. The iPhone supports most of them, but car head units vary a lot. Mine does only hand-free voice profiles, this might make a difference.

On mine I get an explicit "Incoming call from 0000" on the dashboard, and I see that waze starts the communication kind of a quarter a second before playing the sound, so hence why I hear no beep but do hear a little silence before the instruction. (the same pause afterwards).

This is with hands-free profile. See my post above about the difference I see with hands-free and voice profile and background instructions.

I think the question in your case is if the beep comes explicitly from waze, comes from the BT handshake, or is the car doing the beep itself
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 pm

top_gun_de wrote:Since about .6 or .4, streaming Waze over BT to my Radio gives me a beep at the beginning of each message. Since Waze talks a lot when I'm navigating in my hometown, this is a LOT OF BEEPS.

Weird thing. "works for me", no beeps here.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 pm

I've seen this one before but can't find any final answer if this is working as expected or if it's a limitation.

When using bluetooth:

- if I'm playing music, waze keeps talking even if the app is in the background and even if other app is open.

- if I'm not playing music, waze shuts up as soon as it goes into the background. For example, if waze is saying something, pressing the home button will interrupt the phrase, and I've even got the other way around - relaunching waze and getting the instruction played from the middle sentence onwards.

The difference I see is that when I'm playing music, my car shows the music being played, and waze simply lowers the music volume and plays the instruction above it.
Without music, waze simulates a phone call from 0000 and the car shows "Incoming call from 0000" for the duration of the instruction.

Is this expected? I usually don't play music from the iPhone, but instead play a set of files from a SD card inserted into the car system. It's a Seat (Volkswagen) RNS 310 if it matters at all.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm sorry if I'm being a pain but it really bothers me that since some versions I can't locate my friends anymore on the map. There is no friend arrow like before. I can't see them unless I have an idea where they may be and then zoom in and hope for the best. And the concrete suggestion is to let the page with the friends click on a driving friend and zoom into their position on the map. :(((
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 pm

Also got two reports solved by someone else, but only one arrived at my client. Unfortunately the gmail filters failed miserably so I was almost not aware of the fix, but there was really two mails on my filtered trash. (the filter was meant to filter out my own reports, but google decided to fail and filter out every report email).
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing