iOS beta 3.5.99.8 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Postby xirurg58 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:19 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
I took my usual 2hr, 184-mile round-trip to the coast. Waze only shows a total of 75 miles in my Drives. This is really sad.

Same for me. I was creating a rout to my next journey. It' s about 650 km (Moscow to Minsk). Waze shows correct time, but 34 km total...

Отправлено с iPad via Tapatalk
ImageImage ImageImage
150K km with Waze
Waze Champs Russia
xirurg58

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:47 am

perlin wrote:
seriousarsonist wrote:the pull up/down search type at the bottom of the screen in search results has the little arrow on the right the wrong way round, or so it seems to me anyway.

Screenshot?

Search bar visible, arrow points up

Bar hidden, arrow points down

NI area manager
Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.0.1 not jail broken
Image Image Image
UK Champ and Area Manager for the North of the Island of Ireland Image Image

Comber WX: What the weather is like where I edit
seriousarsonist

Re: iOS beta 3.5.99.8 feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:07 pm

davipt wrote:Another suggestion: on the inbox, as you are not using the standard edit delete swipe to delete view, please make sure the checkbox is clickable outside the checkbox. As is today it's quite easy to click slightly outside the checkbox (specially above or below) and open the message instead of toggling the checkbox.

You are right, we've noticed that and it's going to be fixed.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 pm

npv1459 wrote:Perlin, are you planning to introduce also a different system for UR clientside and editorside? It would be a good idea if editors can see the user nickname and the possibility to contact them in order to figure out reported problems. Most of time UR are not clear and it's impossible to solve them.

Sorry, I don't know the answer for that. You are welcome to ask the support team.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

scarlogarcia wrote:
perlin wrote:
scarlogarcia wrote:Testing non usual routing...

Is that expected for routes close to 100 meters?

What do you mean by "is that expected". Also, why do you have a stop point flag? Did you add a stop?

Sorry, I didn't describe.

I was making a randomly and crazy test. So, I set a "start point" (not a stop point) and a destination. What I mean for "expected"? I got my "highlighted route" not fitted to my start and destination point. Since that rout of 120 meters had its highlighted route totally outside of my points.

I never made such test before so I don't know if it is related to this beta version or not. If not, please ignore my post.

Couldn't reproduce. If you have exact steps to reproduce it, please share.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:34 pm

robin1979 wrote:Reproduced the network connectivity issue for you yesterday.

Thanks! we will examine your logs.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby robin1979 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 pm

perlin wrote:
robin1979 wrote:Reproduced the network connectivity issue for you yesterday.

Thanks! we will examine your logs.

Had a similar issue this morning, but this time Waze regained the dataconnection after 15 minutes (I had a working 3G the whole time). Might be worth looking into as well (probably related). Around 9:30 local time.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979

Postby Dave2084 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:48 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Waze continues to do a poor job in areas with low reception. If the duration of network loss exceeds a certain number of minutes the app never recovers the network connection. You have to close the app and restart.

Have you tried toggling airplane mode on/off briefly, that usually works for me?
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.3.3 • Waze 4.10
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:58 pm

If the data connection reliability issue wasn't bad enough, could we at least have the "searching for network" banner at the top of the screen be more accurate. Often when I try to send a report, I have a data connection, the "searching for network" banner is NOT present but when I hit the report button I get told I can't as there's no network connection. If Waze knows this is the case (and it must to tell me) please can show it at the top of the screen.

Can we suppress hazard pop ups that are not on our route? I got one this morning whilst navigating a junction which I could not see due to the pop up.

Here is the offending report. And a hidden roundabout!
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.3.3 • Waze 4.10
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:00 pm

perlin wrote:
scarlogarcia wrote:I was making a randomly and crazy test. So, I set a "start point" (not a stop point) and a destination. What I mean for "expected"? I got my "highlighted route" not fitted to my start and destination point. Since that rout of 120 meters had its highlighted route totally outside of my points.

Couldn't reproduce. If you have exact steps to reproduce it, please share.

It's quite easy to reproduce similar cases:

- pick a point and set as start
- pick a point and set as destination
- everything is usually ok until now
- add a stop point
- usually there is a route from the designated start to the designated destination passing by the point

but
- some times, depending if an alternative route is choosen, or if a popup of "going to work" or if there was no GPS and now there is, or network, or the phase of the moon, the client decides to forget the start point and creates a route either from "here" to the destination, or with luck from "here" to the stop and then to the destination.

~ even easier to reproduce is to try to remove the stop point and add a new one. most of the times removing or then adding will forget the start point.

The main issue is that if we try something more complicated than start->destination->stop, the start point is usually forgotten.

In the case of the image it seems that the start point was indeed lost, and there was an attempt to create a route from here to the end, and at that moment the car was pointing down albeit on the pic is already pointing up.

It happens a lot, but I wouldn't mind that much about it for now. The "set as start" is not 100%, but it's also not the core of the client, and there is other priorities I assume ;)
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing