iOS beta 3.5.99.9 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.99.9 feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:33 pm

perlin wrote:Hi guys,
Just a heads up - we're about to clear the inbox database (in order to implement a new mechanism), so you'll probably get a welcome message to your inbox next time you'll log in.

I was gonna say, it looks like Inbox isn't working well again. Also, the Waze springboard icon badge continues to not match the Inbox count. I have (8) on the springboard and (1) within the app. There needs to be a check to make sure these stay in alignment, if you have any control over that.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Dave2084 wrote:As this is an RC probably too late, but I realised this morning that the down side of mute now muting everything is that speed and redlight camera alerts are also muted.

It's been this way since the first version of the 3.6 betas. Perlin noted they were going to revert it back to muting nav only but that hasn't happened yet.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 pm

perlin wrote:
mgibeault wrote:the gas station search doesn't work, the result is always "no station found". I checked on the Waze map editor on the web and there's plenty identified around. Is it because it's not yet enabled here (Montreal, Canada)?
I tried both ways; with the icon on Menu->Stations and with Menu->Navigate->Categories->Gas stations.

We are you located?

Noted in the post.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Still not getting any traffic report popups at all. Again, regardless of Event Radius settings, but I think that is a known situation. However, even when I start a route and show events on the route, I continue to not get any popups when stopped except for Friends online. No traffic reports at all. It's been like this since at least December.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm

I think we need to somehow post/sticky this from Perlin regarding how traffic alert popups are currently working:
Perlin wrote:We've set up a new zero-speed popups mechanism, that displays up to 4 alert popups at stand-still, in relation to your location near events. If you select to see events on your route only, the popups will be displayed up to 100 km on your route. If you select otherwise (and it doesn't matter which radius you'll choose), they will be displayed up to 5 or 10 km. If you're not near any event, nothing will be displayed when standing still. (you're now probably asking "then why do you still have the old radius selecting if you ignore it". The answer is- we'll change that).
In addition to the alerts, we also display a zero-speed ad and "friends online" popup. Each one of them has a different criteria for display, that depends on the user (if he has friends that are now online, if he's around a location that contains ads, etc.).
It's possible to have a whole drive without getting a single popup. But if you suspect that you should have been getting some (if you know that there are events near you, an ad or friends online) and you didn't- please mention the time of the drive/standstill.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 pm

sketch wrote:
cm477 wrote:- I would add a couple of options when reporting Hazards. E.g., (1) Hazards > On Road > Car stopped (it is amazing how many cars stop in the middle of the freeway, and in my experience this is more common and sudden than just objects on the road). (2) Hazards > On Shoulder > Construction (construction/clean up on the shoulder can be just as disruptive. (3) On Shoulder Hazards: option for right or left shoulder (Left shoulder hazards are often more unexpected)

I second this. I have especially considered (1) and (2) -- as it stands, I have to report a disabled car in the middle of the road as an "object on road" with the description "car"... Also, there's quite a lot of shoulder work around that carries the same heightened fines that on-road construction does.

This would be nice, though I just use ASR to report vehicle stopped on road. But not everyone has ASR nor does everyone want to use it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm

sketch wrote:Is there a list of ASR-recognized hazards that do not show in the selection box somewhere?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22023
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm

I just uploaded logs at 3:15pm GMT due to a bug which is been previously reported. This bug is one in which a route is selected on start-up start, then I use the routes button to select an alternate (preferred, not fastest, but safest) route. The beginning of this route is to get me out of my local neighborhood. But often, I will take a slightly different route out of the neighborhood depending on school buses or other reasons. As soon as I make a turn which deviates from the Waze route which I've selected, Waze recalculates and goes back to selecting the original route that it wanted me to take and not the route that I had selected. This bug is easily reproducible, and happenes to me nearly every single morning I start out with Waze.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm not positive but I believe I just received a private message in the app, and it does not appear in my inbox. It is possible that it was a map chat but I believe it was just a p.m.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby briviao » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:27 pm

In the Italian version the text of some buttons do not fit in the space available.
For example in the inbox mail it's not possible to read the text and you don't know what the button is for. Use symbols instead.
iPhone 4 32GB fw 6.0
waze 3.5
Bassa e Media Valcamonica area manager
briviao

Next

Return to App Beta Testing