iOS beta 3.5.99.9 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.99.9 feedback thread

Postby perlin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
perlin wrote:
mgibeault wrote:the gas station search doesn't work, the result is always "no station found". I checked on the Waze map editor on the web and there's plenty identified around. Is it because it's not yet enabled here (Montreal, Canada)?
I tried both ways; with the icon on Menu->Stations and with Menu->Navigate->Categories->Gas stations.

We are you located?

Noted in the post.

I'm not able to reproduce your problem. I can find gas stations in Montreal (both on Menu->Stations and Menu->Navigate->Categories->Gas stations).
Does it happen only with gas or also with other categories?
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:14 am

Dave2084 wrote:Noticed today that every time I get a speed camera caption the ETA box is replaced by "wave for command" or something like that (I didn't manage to get a screenshot).
That would be great but although I have ASR enabled its three finger tap only so waving is pretty useless, especially as I Waze in landscape mode where waving doesn't even work. Please get rid of this.

Definitely, this message should only show up when waving for ASR actually works. We'll fix it.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 am

sketch wrote:
cm477 wrote:- I would add a couple of options when reporting Hazards. E.g., (1) Hazards > On Road > Car stopped (it is amazing how many cars stop in the middle of the freeway, and in my experience this is more common and sudden than just objects on the road). (2) Hazards > On Shoulder > Construction (construction/clean up on the shoulder can be just as disruptive. (3) On Shoulder Hazards: option for right or left shoulder (Left shoulder hazards are often more unexpected)

I second this. I have especially considered (1) and (2) -- as it stands, I have to report a disabled car in the middle of the road as an "object on road" with the description "car"... Also, there's quite a lot of shoulder work around that carries the same heightened fines that on-road construction does.

(1) and (2) indeed sound reasonable to add. We'll try to add them as soon as we can.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm

cm477 wrote:- I would add a couple of options when reporting Hazards. E.g., (1) Hazards > On Road > Car stopped (it is amazing how many cars stop in the middle of the freeway, and in my experience this is more common and sudden than just objects on the road). (2) Hazards > On Shoulder > Construction (construction/clean up on the shoulder can be just as disruptive. (3) On Shoulder Hazards: option for right or left shoulder (Left shoulder hazards are often more unexpected)

I second this. I have especially considered (1) and (2) -- as it stands, I have to report a disabled car in the middle of the road as an "object on road" with the description "car"... Also, there's quite a lot of shoulder work around that carries the same heightened fines that on-road construction does.
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Is there a list of ASR-recognized hazards that do not show in the selection box somewhere?
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby tedev » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 am

Hi guys,

2 things I noticed:

- in the My Waze area, under "nick name" there is no "back" button. All the other screens under "My Waze" have an "end" button and a "back" button, but not this one.

- And a behavorial thing: when I get into a traffic jam, I send an information about it to waze. And 30 seconds later it asks me "we detected you're slowing down...are you in traffic?" (don't know the exact wording, I'm using the German version). And I want to scream "YES I JUST TOLD YOU!" Could you maybe build in some buffer that after I send in a traffic report it should wait a while before aksing me the same thing?
tedev

Area Manager Bad Nenndorf, Stadthagen, Wunstorf und Umgebung
twitter: tedev
tedev

Postby telrod11 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:49 pm

OK, one minor bug I've seen from prev version also:
Try this:
Select a route other than the "default" route to a destination
stop the app
restart the app
It asks do you want to continue, but doesn't continue on the route you selected, it goes back to the default route.

Suggestions for future releases:
--Eliminate "you are nearing your destination" - Give me something better like "your destination is 1/4 mile ahead on the right / left" (this would really help)
--Bring back Google as a search app
--More interatcions with other search apps like yelp / etc. Similar to what you have with "Around Me"

Great app
Thanks
telrod11

iOS beta 3.5.99.9 feedback thread

Postby TigPT » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Under groups menu, the loading animation is the old one.

Also don't know if colors changed but night drive, it looks harder to see witch the road to follow if the phone is a bit far. At least I noticed a bit mor difficult to see, not much color difference.

Sent using Tapatalk
iPhone 4 - iOS 6.1 - not Jailbreaked
TigPT

Postby top_gun_de » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

The version works very stable on my iPhone 5 with 6.1.2.

There is one small issue, but it's not really a bug:

Yesterday, I wanted to enter a turn restriction for the next junction. However, I could only edit a node with a right-turn 15m in front of the junction. Waze allowed only edits for the first node, not for the second one which represented the main junction. I am aware of lots of junctions with more than one node, so I do believe that the current restriction is impractical. This should be expanded.

Best regards,

Detlev
AM Region Hannover, CM Deutschland (Germany), Coordinator Germany, Global Champ

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing