v3.7 beta information thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

v3.7 beta information thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed May 08, 2013 10:32 pm

As of this posting, iOS beta 3.6.99.6 is officially out for one week. I have not seen the Android beta officially released yet, but that could be because I am not an Android tester. Someone can correct me if I am wrong and the Android beta is officially released.

Here is the information sharable at this time:

Release notes

1. <removed>

2. Redesigned popup alerts and ads: real-time road alert popups now look sleeker and take up less space on the screen. You will also be able to swipe through alerts and ads displayed when your car has been stopped. Ads also look much sleeker and have a new rich graphic format. Events and ads have also been optimized to only display what's ahead and be as relevant to you as possible.

3. Three states sound control: sound button in main menu now has 3 states (on, off and alerts only) & on screen indication. Controlling the different states of sound is made using this button only, and not in addition to the sound menu in settings (which created much confusion in previous versions). On the sound menu you can control the volume and the navigation guidance type (with or without street names).

4. Lock north-up on map: an option has been added to 'Settings > Advanced' for locking North-up (for good!)

5. Foursquare check-in has returned to report menu: report menu now has 4 rows, with Foursquare at the bottom

7. Real time and offline beeping at friends: receive beeps & messages as small notifications on the map

8. Exclusive moods for map editors: T-Rex, 8bit and robot. Map editors will gain access to these moods in accordance with their editing level

9. Inbox in main menu: easier access for Wazers to discover messages, tips and saved specials (coupons)

What has been fixed?

1. 500ft turn notification happens at 1000ft - bug fixed.
  2. Miles/KM settings are not preserved after upgrade- bug fixed.
  3. waze overrides manual zoom settings - bug fixed.
  4. Request for new nav should disable other nav related popups- bug fixed, and unrelated pop-ups will not show when initiating navigation.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: v3.7 beta information thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed May 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Here are my notes from testing and what I've seen posted for bug reports and issue. These are only related to the current release of beta. Another version is expected out soon which may or may not address all the issues.

Popup alerts are fine, but still have too much whitespace and don't include enough text. Popup ads are fine. There is an issue with the popup not relocating properly if navigation is canceled while the popup is in place.

Trinary sounds control works as expected.

Lock north up doesn't work any better than the current release, and is implemented as a Setting instead of on-screen, which I have an issue with. It does not persist between launches.

Exclusive moods are specific to editor rank, presumably Ranks 3, 4, and 5. A rank 5 can choose any of the three new moods. A rank 4 can choose two and a rank 3 can select only one. At this time, just like with the previous bronze, silver and gold wazers, these are automatically selected on each startup, which I have a problem with.

The 500ft notification at 1000ft is nearly complete. There is a specific situation where it will still give the notice at 1000ft.

I have found one way to reliably crash the app, but that should be addressed prior to release.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re:

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu May 09, 2013 3:54 pm

steveningelbrecht wrote:got an email with the announcement of the android beta release... is version .108

one thing i already notice is that the little tab on the right of the screen, that shows your active friends, is overlapping with the map controls... if you want to zoom out, you go in the overview of 'online/driving' friends...

Please make sure to submit all feedback via the beta site, not here. It won't be read.

(Your observation is correct. If you turn on "tap for onscreen controls" option, then the online friends tab hides automatically when the onscreen controls appear.)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re:

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu May 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Please make sure to submit all feedback via the beta site, not here. It won't be read.

Well, then why have this forum?

There's a forum on the centercode site. Why do we need a forum in both locations, especially since this one won't be read?

It may eventually be closed if centercode stays. This thread is just for information about the current beta, not for feedback.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon May 13, 2013 5:06 pm

In the latest beta release, the north-up lock still has the bad UI (IMO) for setting the lock, but it is working and working well. On the nav/map screen, you can't even twist the view to take it out of north-up view. All it does is slightly zoom in/out as your fingers try to twist it around. This is expected behavior. The "me-on-map" button returns the view to "center" on your current location, but north-up stays locked.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue May 14, 2013 1:44 pm

JohnDoe75 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
1. <removed>

Is it a fix or a new feature ?

New
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue May 14, 2013 4:39 pm

JohnDoe75 wrote:Hint ? ;)

I shouldn't ... but we are getting closer to release. I'll only say it involves some more integration with facebook.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri May 17, 2013 5:27 pm

A little info about how the beta is going:

The iOS beta is currently quite unstable and crashes on re-route/re-calc as well as after commenting on reports, (Same bug for both.) I've also had other crashes. Perlin says they've identified the reason. There are other minor bugs.

Android beta looks more stable from the bug reports I've scanned over. Several other types of bugs related to display of text and graphics, rotations.

Both still suffer from the 500ft notification happening at the wrong distance under several circumstances.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed May 29, 2013 5:04 pm

JohnDoe75 wrote:How are we doing ?
Can we expect a release soon or still many bugs left ?

I would expect it this week based on previous experience. But, with the new testing site and ability to properly submit and track bugs, I think a few more are getting ironed out. The latest beta, on iOS for me, seems quite stable. A few minor bugs, but nothing requiring fixing before release, IMO.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu May 30, 2013 8:12 pm

fabio656 wrote:new release but...no arrows on the streets in 3d mode...

Waze has stated, and I believe this has been posted before, that this is not a trivial change.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to App Beta Testing