Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

L4 to L2 Unlock: A562, A5089, Liverpool

Post by andrewinlancashire
Hello

Please could someone L4 or above unlock these segments so that I can update the junction?

The junction has been reconfigure but is mapped to the old layout. There are currently several errors:

Heading east - right turn off Smithdown Rd to Ullet Rd no longer possible.

Heading west - keep left onto Smithdown Rd could be confused with a left turn into Greenbank Dr. Equally, keep left and then turn left onto Greenbank Dr is OTT.

Right turn out of Greenbank Drive onto Smithdown Rd is no longer possible.

I've sketched a layout I think works in dirt roads. Obviously I'll reuse the existing roads and delete the dirt roads. I felt that with all the restricted turns and turn instructions required, it was easier to split the A562 - this will also align better with the GPS points.

Comments welcome.

Regards
Andrew
andrewinlancashire
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17379607

Send a message

Hi Andrew

Sorry, I missed this segment. Please could you unlock to L2.

I know what you mean about keeping it simple... I think it was the left turn from Greenbank Dr onto Ullet Rd, considering the left turn from Smithdown Rd onto Greenbank Rd that made me think it would be better to split - the street view just didn't seem to work.

Thanks
Andrew
andrewinlancashire
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

All changes have been made. Thanks for unlocking.
andrewinlancashire
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
Down to L2 for you.

Generally I'd always keep things as simple as possible and avoid splitting roads and adding filter lanes unless necessary but I think that looks about right. Splitting the A562 also solves the problem that there are premises on the North side of the road that are now not accessible from the other direction.

Cheers, Andrew
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message