Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

L5 Oxford - road closure

Post by iangpowell
Does closure monitor cover the A40 Oxford Northern bypass?

If it doesn't, can I please get these segments down to a L3 to manage an upcoming closure?
iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 5

POSTER_ID:17536032

Send a message

AM for the Thames Valley, Tees Valley / Tyneside, Greater London & Norfolk, UK
Waze UK Mentor

UK Wazeo | Quick Start Editing Guide | Editing Best Practice | Request a Mentor Here | L1 Mentoring Presentation | Join the UK Discord Channel

Post by ditchi56
The Highways England (HwE) leg of Monitor covers the A34 and M40, but nothing else around Oxford.
The one.network leg covers anything on one.network that Tim's algorithm selects - plus the occasional item that someone whitelists "by hand".

Only the HwE closes things automatically, and then only about 90% of the time. Although all the legs are capable of deleting the closures automatically.

I've dropped those segments to L3 for you. I've also tried to (*) whitelist the one.network item, so please add "Ref #19920415" to the end of your closure comment :)

Ian

(*) not sure if it's actually possible to manually whitelist a closure that hasn't started yet.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by iangpowell
Thanks, I've added 5 nights from the first date, as the TTRO specifies a longer date range but that it'll be a maximum of 5 nights - I assume this is them allowing for weather based delays.

I'm working in the area overnight early next week anyway so I'll check if the works have started and extend if necessary if you're happy to leave at L3 and they can be returned to Autos once the works are definitely finished. This will also allow me to react to reports the works aren't in progress yet or are taking a wet night off, and extend accordingly too!
iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Waze UK Mentor

UK Wazeo | Quick Start Editing Guide | Editing Best Practice | Request a Mentor Here | L1 Mentoring Presentation | Join the UK Discord Channel

Post by iangpowell
This closure is now finished so can return to autos if it's still outstanding.
iangpowell
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Waze UK Mentor