Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

L3→L2 Unlock: Truro (A39 - Arch Hill / A39 (E) - Morlaix Ave

Post by m5hog
My Level: 2
Reason for request:
Ok, heres a good one. I know what Id like to do but lets ask.

working from A390 on the west.

1: coming off the first roundabout at 2nd junction,well. I think the exit should be split into a bear left road that joins as a turn right to east A39 road. The entrance to the east a39 road does not enter the 2nd roundabout! I HOPE this will lead the instruction as take 2nd exit, bear left, turn left which would be correct.

2: The 2nd exit road that didnt bear left would then join 2nd roundabout.

3: The A39 from the East also has a bear left, this joins the A39 south and not the roundabout. This can be seen from the sat image but unless you know you dont notice.

4: The A39 from the south. This has three lanes approaching the roundabout Left, Straight on and Right. I would propose that the road is split to a bear left approaching the roundabout. This is crucial as this is busy road at times and if you are in wrong lane you are buggered. The other two lanes can stay as one. The road that has beared left then joins the road between the two roundabouts so it would give a bear left, turn left, first ext to get onto a390

5: Falmouth road, on the southern A39 is no entry from the south

So, Thats my proposal. What do you think? Is it ok to do? It visualises OK and it is then technically :geek: correct. :!: :D :D

ta

m5hog

POSTER_ID:16985948

Send a message
Im in sunny Cornwall .
[i]Known areas - mid/west Cornwall, Exeter-Exmouth[/i]
Willing to learn and help.

Post by iainhouse
I see what you mean, and I think it's technically correct, although that could be a matter of opinion. I think the major problem is simply going to be the spoken instructions. With such a number of instructions in such a short space, Waze isn't going to have time to say everything.

I think that, at the end of the day, it's better to leave it as it is. Drivers might question whether a couple of directions really are part of the roundabouts or not - but it's sufficiently unclear that just roundabout instructions are not going to seem wrong.

Double roundabouts are, by their nature, confusing. Many years ago I used to be involved in teaching novice motorcycle riders. We used to tell them that mini roundabouts were deliberately constructed to confuse drivers (which is almost true). :lol: Then we used to show them a picture of this one.

I think that, no matter how precise the directions, you can only really navigate a double-mini roundabout by seeing which way the route line goes in the app, then looking at the road & working out how to do that.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by m5hog
have u seen the roundabout with 7 mini roundabouts around it???
the central roundabout goes the WRONG way......

Yeah thats what i was pondering with this junction. Its a trade off isnt it - correctness and over information on gps vs common sense.

sometimes i wonder about the latter!! :D
m5hog
Send a message
Im in sunny Cornwall .
[i]Known areas - mid/west Cornwall, Exeter-Exmouth[/i]
Willing to learn and help.