Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Level4 Update: Leeds - Ramp Angle

Post by thetapeworm
My Level: 3
Reason for request: Could someone with L4 or above just have a look at this ramp and take some of the angle out of it please? I recently looked at a report here and users were being routed up to the next junction and then left rather than down the ramp as they should have been. I've disabled the turn on the next junction to prevent this but just thought this transition to the ramp could be better.

thetapeworm
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:737603

Send a message

Post by ditchi56
I did make the change you suggested, but then had second thoughts and put it back as it was. :?

The thing is that at this junction, it is crucial that traffic heading for Burmantofts St gets neither a "keep left" nor a "keep right". They need to follow the "straight on" arrows, and unless and until Waze gets a "keep straight on" instruction for non-roundabouts, it needs to keep quiet for them.

With the present angles, Burmantofts St gets no instruction, and the left filter for A64 (W) gets "turn left". I appreciate that "exit left" would be better (although the paint on the road does indicate a turn), but I fear that flattening the angle to get "exit left" might also introduce "keep right" for Burmantofts St - which would have people heading for the A64 (E) instead.

I'll ask Timbones to have a look and see what he thinks best - not just is he the guru, but it's also his area.

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
OK, I've had a rethink, and realised that the easiest way to get no instruction is to continue the road.
So I've given the segment before the junction and the straight ahead segment after it the A road name, and for tidiness upgraded the segment after to Major Highway (from Primary St). Think it should be OK now, although Tim has promised to have a look later.

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
My inclination is to bow out of this one and let Timbones decide if any further changes are needed - it's his patch.

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by TheMKLightning
Not an easy one to give correct directions, plenty of use of the forward viewport needed but if the road markings are still as GSV, I think I'd do it a little differently.

As Marsh Ln and York St come together the road markings join together with 2 lanes to the left and 3 lanes to the right. The two lanes in time head off to the A64/M64 (W).
A bit further on the 3 lanes becomes 4 and splits into Burmantotts Street to the left and A64(M) to the right.

I think I'd like the instructions to be
a) keep left A64 (W) - York Road
b) keep right A583 - Marsh Lane, then keep left Burmantotts Street (was there some suggestion that you give give a destination as the direction, if so Burmantotts St could be replaced with St. James's Hospital as per the street furniture and road markings)
c) keep right A583 - Marsh Lane, then keep right M64 (E).

Just my thoughts.
Cheers
TheMKLightning
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
AM for West Wales Rheolwr Ardal Cymru Gorllewin

Post by Timbones
I vaguely recall deliberately setting that ramp to be a 'turn left' rather than a 'keep left', in response to a UR. I'm in two minds as to which would be best.

I need to ponder this junction some more, but I think the route to the north should have no instructions, while the route to the A64 (E) should be labelled as such.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries