Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.
Post by NeilOgz
I've managed to sort one of the issues by changing the roundabout to a minor highway. Users are now kept on the East Lancs and not unnecessarily navigated around the roundabout.

We still have the issue of Waze wanting to navigate users around the roundabout rather than in the center.

However, If you navigate M6 (S) onto the A580 (W) it seems to navigate fine!?
NeilOgz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Smesh1337
Hi Neil,

As Tim says, this junction needs careful attention paying to it. There are various user reports in the area about it. We had a bit of a debate about how to proceed in this thread but it never really progressed. I suggested changing the roundabout to a road there, which it looks like you've just done! :)

I see you're replied to this UR but the changes you have made to stop the u-turn being made don't seem right to me. If I'm understanding your changes correctly, you've stopped traffic on this segment turning 'right'/westbound. Obviously this stops the u-turn mentioned in the report, but it also stops traffic that has joined this junction from the M6 (to the north) being able to cut across the central divide.
Smesh1337
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
- Sam
AM: Blackpool
https://s.waze.tools/c3s.png

Post by Smesh1337
Hi Neil,

Automatic reports come through in batches, sometimes months apart! But yes, waiting to see what it is like when you go during the week sounds sensible. My only concern is that this link states "these changes should reduce the amount of unnecessary travel around the gyratory", so I expect the road signs are going to encourage users to use the centre cut.
Smesh1337
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
- Sam
AM: Blackpool
https://s.waze.tools/c3s.png

Post by Timbones
All unlocked for you.

I recommend taking great care with this junction, as a mistake will upset many users.
If you can find some detailed plans online of the new junction layout, you'll find that helps a lot.

:geek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
You can use Toolbox to convert a circular road into a roundabout, or you can draw a new roundabout off to the side and drag it underneath the motorway.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries