Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

[Closure] Blackhorse Road - Woking, Surrey

Post by AlexGissel
There is a road closure due to roadworks on Blackhorse Rd (Woking, Surrey GU22, UK). \

Please see the link (https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-0.610 ... 916&zoom=3) just in case I haven't permalinked this correctly it is the segment between the junction with the A324 Brookwood Lye Road and the crossroad with Heath House Road and Saunders Ln.

There is some essential roadworks being undertaken by UK Power Networks and it's a complete road closure reportedly until July 26th (according to the Surrey County Council website)

Thanks

Alex

P.S. How is it possible to report this on the editor myself? Is it because I'm Lvl 1?
AlexGissel

POSTER_ID:8041429

Send a message

Post by AlexGissel
Ian,

Thank you very much for 1) Inputting that closure so quickly and 2) your thorough reply to my original post. Not only did it clear up the linking problem for me but it's also given me a few more things to read through! I appreciate the time taken.

Regards

Alex
AlexGissel
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Closure added - thanks for reporting it.

Yes, you need a higher level to input closures yourself - they're a relatively new thing, and I think they're limited to L4 or Area Manager at the moment.

Your permalink wasn't quite right, in that it didn't highlight the segment. The way to do it is to select the segment(s) you want, and then (while it's still highlighted) click the link icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the panel.

Since this is your first post, welcome to Waze editing and the forums. Have you seen the guide to editing at https://www.waze.com/wiki/UK_Quickstart? Far too much to absorb in one go, I know!

There are a number of scripts which help a lot if you are editing using Firefox or Chrome. I couldn't manage without UR overview and WME to OS Link. Validator is also very useful, but not quite everything it reports is a problem which needs fixing.

Happy editing! Any questions, just ask. You are welcome to send me a PM, but you'll probably get a quicker answer by posting on the main UK forum viewforum.php?f=55.

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message