Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

M1 South Closure

Post by Adamcoooo
Due to a major accident the M1 south is currently closed however Waze is currently telling users to go down the closed M1 Motorway.

This is now causing major issues within my area and old ashby road is now completely at a standstill. I have tried to close the M1 south however I don't appear to be able to do it.

Can somebody please close the M1 south! lol

Many thanks

Adam
Adamcoooo

POSTER_ID:17225699

Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Hmm ....

- no closures on the Highways Agency feed used by the Closure Monitor, which should otherwise handle M1 closures automatically.

- BBC travel reports nothing southbound. It does report a northbound closure within J23. This means traffic being routed up the exit slip and down the entry slip. We ought to close the section within the junction, but it makes little difference in practise. The route length hardly changes. Waze should pick up the congestion from the delays Wazers are experiencing, and route round it irrespective of closures.

I'm sure there will be massive congestion in both directions. At present, Waze is routing people off the motorway northbound (even without a closure recorded), but still thinking it's the quickest route southbound.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Looking at the overhead message boards ( http://www.trafficengland.com/traffic-report ) seems to confirm this. Delays but nothing too drastic, and certainly no closure, southbound. Massive delays and a closure at J23 northbound.

Waze is already directing people off at junction 22 northbound, and no doubt avoiding the M1 route altogether where it makes sense for longer journeys. Looks like it's correct still to be sending people down the M1 South.

Going back to the original poster, since this seems to be your first post, welcome to Waze and the forums! :mrgreen: If you would like to help with editing, please see the Quickstart guide.

Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message