Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

L5 - London Whetstone, Junction Box build?

Post by SolarCat
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,121793167

Waze routes me through this junction approximately 20% of the time I make a particular journey across London. Nearly always the ETA adds minutes while I'm waiting to transit the junction, for me east-west or west-east. I believe the problem is that the time taken to enter the central segment (https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... =121794135) is highly dependent on the exit that will be taken.

From the Waze wiki this situation appears well suited to using the junction box functionality, although a review of this conclusion by a more experienced editor would be great. Ref: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Junction_Box

I've uploaded an image of the suggested area for the box with the road borders defined by, on approach to junction...

* (North) A1000 - Where the road widens to three lanes stacking for different junction exits.
* (East) A109 - Approximately where road widens from one lane to two stacking for different junction exits, might be possible to bring closer to junction, although cars begin separating at approximately the marked location.
* (South) A1000 - Where road widens to three lanes stacking for different junction exits.
* (West) A5109 - Where road widens to two lanes stacking for different junction exits.

Interested in feedback in any case.
SolarCat

POSTER_ID:16782925

Send a message
Attachments

Post by NorfolkMustard
good idea, I'll add it for you. Although, I'm not sure they've moved from the data-collection phase to the affecting-routing phase of junction box introduction yet.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
Local Champ: United Kingdom wiki
iOS

NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
Local Champ: United Kingdom wiki
iOS

Post by SolarCat
Thanks Stu - will give it a while to learn then try to remember to pop back with feedback in a few weeks.
SolarCat
Send a message

Post by SolarCat
Thanks again for making this update. I said I'd provide some feedback and after a few weeks (longer than intended) have it here...

- The change has helped with traffic time estimates when travelling West to East (link)

- Since the change, in late October, Waze hasn't routed me East to West (link) a single time. This may be appropriate given I often lost time through the junction however roads in this area have generally been slow recently and Waze has avoided most of that area for the times I travel so this could be co-incidental.

- Once Waze routed me, from West, then South, then East (link). With this the on screen directions were fine but the voice directions were confusing. Approaching the first turn Waze directed "Turn right, then turn left", effectively the same as would be followed for the path shown in my first link above but very early for the intended turn further down the road. No idea whether this is related to the introduction of the junction box.

Overall the change has helped with my routing and accurate estimates of transit times.
SolarCat
Send a message