Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Level 4 edit needed - A639 Park Road, Pontefract

Post by ty541
Hi,

Couple of things to look at.

Please can an experienced editor take a look at this segment:

https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor/?env= ... =314155362

Toolbox flags this up as a loop, and it's right. There is a one-way segment (going from N to S) lying directly on top of a two-way segment and the segments are connected to each other at both ends - so causing the loop. You can drag the centre of the one-way segment out of the way to see the two way segment.

As far as I can tell the only thing it gives us is the ability to do a U-turn at the junction with De Lacy Way, which is probably not OK. But perhaps someone more experenced knows a good reason for this loop.

If it needs correcting, then I think it's a matter of removing the one way section and fixing the turn permissions.

Second problem is that there should be no right turn allowed from going north on A639 into De Lacy Way.

Thanks,
Rob.
ty541

POSTER_ID:17092755

Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Thanks for this. I agree with your analysis. I've deleted the 1-way segment and blocked the right turn.

I've also re-aligned the roads in line with Streetview (which is more recent that the sattelite aerials) and the GPS points, and added a map comment.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ty541
Yeah, the junction definitely needed realigning as the turn left guidance came way too late (forgot to mention that so I'm glad you noticed). There was a 40mph speed limit missing, so I've added that. All looks good now. Thanks.
ty541
Send a message