Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Level4(auto) Update: Trafford - Bowdon (A556 (S))

Post by whyte46
My Level: 3
Reason for request: Drove this new stretch, GPS lag might me to blame but I think the 60 starts early than in the app.

whyte46

POSTER_ID:17400791

Send a message
- Ian -

Post by MikeRyalls
Hi Ian,

I set the S/Ls on these sections of the new A556 in early April and the 50 mph limit started N/B and finished S/B almost exactly at the farmhouse you can see alongside the western side of the road and where you dropped your report pin. They were set by direct driving experience and when I made the changes the limits were denoted by permanent signage.

As you'll know, this road is easily capable of sustaining motorway speeds, but, as I understand it, the national speed limit has not been set whilst an assessment of pollution levels is made. (I'd have thought it'd be greater at lower speeds with bunched traffic, but, hey!)

On your recent drive did you find things were different?

Mike

PS. AM and the Editor who was in overall control whilst this new alignment of the A556 was being built was Kkervinjones. You might like to involve him in this discussion.
MikeRyalls
Send a message
:D Validating a 4-mile corridor of the M6, between J12 & 19
:| Now forging a cleared link from The Land of the Cheesy Oatcake to Robin Hood's Airport
;) Un Rosbif grignotant la carte de l'aéroport de Limoges à La Rochelle par Saintes
:o Ah, Barcelona, ​​donde Editores unen caminos y escaleras a carreteras

Post by MikeRyalls
Fine.

I'll leave it as it is for now, Ian, but will keep an eye out for any changes next time I drive up that way.

I'll leave you to close your own UR. Deep joy.

Mike
MikeRyalls
Send a message
:D Validating a 4-mile corridor of the M6, between J12 & 19
:| Now forging a cleared link from The Land of the Cheesy Oatcake to Robin Hood's Airport
;) Un Rosbif grignotant la carte de l'aéroport de Limoges à La Rochelle par Saintes
:o Ah, Barcelona, ​​donde Editores unen caminos y escaleras a carreteras

Post by whyte46
As I said in my post it may of just been GPS lag as by the time I dropped the pin it was 60, i do think it starts a little early but I thought i just post in here so the locals AM's can make the call. Its probably good enough how it is but did not want to waste my UR lol
whyte46
Send a message
- Ian -