Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

L3 - new road layouts A465 junc Brynmawr

Post by jakieg
Some new road layouts have gone live between the A465 Brynmawr roundabout and Brynmawr school. I have marked them up with commented areas and points:

- The temporary link between Clydach Dingle and the new line of the A465 off-ramp has been permanently removed.
- The road from that temporary link to the roundabout by the Gateway Bridge is currently closed to traffic. It will eventually reopen as a one-way part of the off-ramp when the new A465 junction is complete (in ?2020).
- The new road from the Gateway bridge roundabout and circulatory system to Clydach Dingle is now complete and open to two-way traffic, with a small new roundabout near the school where it meets Clydach Dingle.
- The 'under construction' road immediately to the south of the school was never going to be a road. There is a new pedestrian path and cycle path now open along part of the line of the old road from the new roundabout by Clydach DIngle to the school access road by Cymro Road (The Hafod).

I have added the new items as best I can, but I cannot make the joins to the L3 locked roads or properly sort out the proper location of the new Clydach DIngle roundabout. If those elements can be unlocked, local editors can adjust the exact lines and links to the school access roads as and when the aerial photos are updated or as Costains finish various additional bits of work.

A detailed plan - possibly not kept fully up-to-date with necessary changes following work on the ground (for example, the new cycle path now meets the new small roundabout, not the end of the new Intermediate Road cycle/pedestrian bridge) - is available here https://gov.wales/a465-gilwern-brynmawr-scheme-plans

Thank you.
jakieg

POSTER_ID:17460787

Send a message

Post by jakieg
Thanks.

- The part of 'Clydach Dingle' to the south of the small new roundabout has now been closed off - it was only a temporary link road, so it should now be removed from the map. That should leave Clydach Dingle connecting directly to the new roundabout.

- At the end of that temporary road, the two ends of 'under construction' can be joined up - they are the future A465 off-ramp leading to the oval roundabout at the end of the Gateway Bridge.

- I have just added a comment box on the road between the Clydach Dingle roundabout and the end of Cymro Road - there is a section of 'under construction' that now lies under the newly opened road. To be tidy, that can be shortened and perhaps unlinked from the new road. Until the aerial view gets updated it is hard to be sure exactly where the two will join.

Hope that makes sense!
jakieg
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
Mostly done - I've updated the comments.

Does this link to the new roundabout need connecting and enabling?...
https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=r ... =380382549
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message