Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

L4 Unlock or Fix Milton Keynes Roundabouts (3)

Post by AndyPot2
There are a several faulty roundabouts in Milton Keynes, this one has a red UR and someone has dropped another one there today.

Travelling from the SE going straight across it gives a turn left, and if you were turning left it just gives a keep left. I think this is due to the way it has been drawn rather than the recent roundabout issue. In addition it has no consecutive segment IDs so really needs redrawing, probably just as a simple roundabout like all the other in the area.

In addition the next roundabout south looks like it is hand drawn and also has no consecutive segment IDs but seems to navigate correctly.

I drive the area fairly regularly as I work just up the road in Kiln Farm, the beauty of most of the roundabouts in Milton Keynes is they mostly give "turn right" or "straight on" type instructions rather than "take nth exit" apart from this one which also hasn't got consecutive segment IDs.

As there were several I PM'ed the AM last week but haven't heard back so assume he may be away for a while. If someone wants to unlock (I'm level 2) I will fix or it may be just as easy for a L4 or higher to fix then it saves re-locking. I assume there must have been some vandalism around Milton Keynes because all main roads seem to be locked at L4.

Thanks, Andy.
AndyPot2
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16856836

Send a message

Post by AndyPot2
iainhouse wrote:Unlocked - but a few points to make here. This isn't directly at you Andy - there's a public education purpose! :lol:
Any points (positive or negative) always welcome, never too old to learn (or have knuckles rapped when necessary). ;)
I would never advise rebuilding a roundabout only because of non-consecutive IDs - only if there was some other problem.
Noted, thanks.
Timbucks is a long-time editor who has done significant work in Milton Keynes
Yes there is not really anything to around here apart from the odd new street, this is the first issue I had found in Milton Keynes, navigation just works.
AndyPot2
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
Unlocked - but a few points to make here. This isn't directly at you Andy - there's a public education purpose! :lol:

The roundabout does, indeed need re-drawing. The reason for the dodgy instruction is simple enough - entries & exits joined to the same nodes. This breaks roundabout instructions. The 3 splits are unnecessary anyway and can be removed.

Non-consecutive segment IDs. These do not mean there is a problem with the roundabout. Although WME Toolbox will highlight them, there are an enormous number of roundabouts with non-consecutive segment IDs that route correctly and always have. I would never advise rebuilding a roundabout only because of non-consecutive IDs - only if there was some other problem.

The level 4 locks have probably been there a long time. They will be the result of the old locking system. Up until about a year ago, segments could only be locked or unlocked. There was no control of levels - the segment would be locked to the level of the last editor and the lock level would be increased when that editor's level increased. Timbucks is a long-time editor who has done significant work in Milton Keynes - he was probably level 2 or 3 when he locked these completed roads and the level then increased when he got up to L4.

I'll do some general down-locking in the area to bring the roads in line with the UK Policy on maximum lock levels, but you should only need to re-build roundabouts that are exhibiting problems. :)
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season