Lv5 - Regents St, London [UPDATED]  Topic is solved

Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Moderators: Unholy, Timbones

Lv5 - Regents St, London [UPDATED]

Postby Challenger3802 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi,

Due to two URs at this location it looks as if Conduit St may be closed to traffic entering from Regent's St, heading South (a right turn).

Someone with local knowledge and the right authority may want to alter this junction.

Regards,
Ian
Last edited by Challenger3802 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
AM Gillingham (Kent) & Maidstone
Challenger3802
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Lv5 - Regents St, London [UPDATE]

Postby Challenger3802 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi,

Sorry for digging up an old post but it seemed highly relevant. There's a new UR for the junction of Conduit St and Regent's St here, suggesting that we need to revisit this location as the right turn could need revoking. I couldn't find a post on the roadworks forum about this and roadworks.org doesn't list anything for this location.

Regards,
Ian
Image Image Image
AM Gillingham (Kent) & Maidstone
Challenger3802
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Lv5 - Regents St, London  Topic is solved

Postby iainhouse » Fri May 09, 2014 10:43 pm

There are roadworks going on here. It looks like they are installing a continuous central island along this section of Regents Street and replacing a water main at the same time. This probably prevents some turns at the end of Conduit Street and New Burlington Street.

I'll try and get something organised for the Roadworks forums over the weekend.
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/XP
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse

Re: Lv5 - Regents St, London [UPDATED]

Postby woodvale » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 pm

The right turn from Regent St to Conduit St was blocked a few weeks ago, as the C2 towards Victoria was on diversion via Hannover Sq and St. George's St. Conduit St was one-way north-eastwards. The TfL live travel news shows that buses are subject to diversion until approximately Sunday 29 June due to utility works at the junction of Conduit Street and Regent Street. The route in the other direction is not affected, so I guess the one-way set up is still in place.

Suggest putting in a one-way restriction to prevent Waze routing south-west along Conduit St until 30th June. Apologies that I didn't do anything at the time but I don't Waze on a bus and I was well lubricated after a celebratory dinner at Efe 2 in Gt Portland St :D

[Off-topic, but if you like lots of meat in your meal, their mixed kebab was wonderful!]
John
woodvale AM South London, Wessex, S Wales, Jamaica
Latest Waze on Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2
Waze FAQ UK wiki UK Forum
woodvale
Area Manager
Area Manager

Return to UK Editor Requests