Forum rules
Welcome to the Luxembourg Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze BeLux Slack:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/b/be/Slack-invitation-banner.png
(click the image to join the Slack)

New here? Introduce yourself!

Post by petervdveen
Great you find your way to the forum! Welcome to all the new visitors from this part of the Waze forum.

We would like to ask you to introduce yourself in this topic, so we have an idea with who we're talkin.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

POSTER_ID:213312

Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by jumperger
Hi,
I'm using waze since decembre 2012
I did already some editing and even more paving, because in my region there are nearly no roads in Waze. The existing basemap-roads are mostly only unjoined segments and routing and navigation are impossible.

I would greatly appriciate if we could find some rules for editing roads in Luxembourg.

I use Waze on my iPhone4

kind regards
jumperger
jumperger
Send a message

Post by jumperger
Hi Opencar,
I got your Hallo message from the road in Diekirch, but saw it only in the evening.

So here you get my "rehallo" and welcome to the Lëtzebuerg Country Forum

jumperger
jumperger
Send a message

Post by maantje76
Hi Luxemburg Wazers!

I'm Manuel, living in The Netherlands. I'm started using Waze in 2010. In the beginning just driving, but after some time started with editting the map with the old editor Cartouche. One of the biggest areas I started was in Spain, where wasn't a basemap and only really bad quality aerials.

In the meanwhile I did get more and more involved in the Dutch forum. After a lot of edits I did become Country Manager rights for The Netherlands. After lots of more work I started to help the Belgium community with the country specific rules and started the Belgium wiki page. A few weeks ago I finished a big project to add all citynames in the Belgium database with great help of some other Dutch CM's.

We are just started with a new project to add all important national roads (major highways), one by one. As soon I'm done with a few things for the Belgium community, I will also help to setup some things for Luxemburg. This forum is the start of it ;)

But back on topic. I'm Country Manager and Feed Manager for Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Spain. I did get an invitation to become part of the Waze Champs Group, Waze Map Editor Beta Group and Waze iPhone app Beta Group.

In daily life I'm owner of an audiovisual company. We're working and traveling al lot arround Europe, but also outside of it. So you can find me everywhere on the map :-)

Most of the time you can see me in a black BMW 530D HE E61. But this can also be black Mercedes Sprinter 315 vans or sometimes with trucks. So if you see a dutch licenceplate it could be me ;)

Happy Wazing!
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
Hi jumperger,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Waze!

Just done with a big project in Belgium. We are now working on an new AM management system and changing/updating the Belgium Wiki. I expect another 2 weeks to start with the Luxembourg wiki. But I will try to post some info for labeling roads tonight.

If you have any question, feel free to use the forum ;)
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
Hi Alain,

Welcome to the team! You want to join us? Take a seat!
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by maantje76
I think after the weekend the new am system is public available for Luxembourg as well.
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Opencar
Moien,

I'm from Luxembourg and I am using the Waze-App on my Smartphone on a daily base.

I started editing the maps last year because many roads and joints were missing.

I became an Area Manager in the "old" system in order to correct some false information.

Much has been done since then and tiles are updated more regularly now.

Nevertheless, there is still a huge amount of information missing.

I mainly work on the maps during weekend, because I am not retired ;)

Please, Luxembourg Wazers, promote the Waze-App. There are not many Wazers on the streets.

Opencar (Alain)
Opencar
Send a message

Post by Opencar
maantje76 wrote:Hi Alain,

Welcome to the team! You want to join us? Take a seat!
I'm in.
Opencar
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
Hi Fesch!

I'll have a look at your AM-request soon.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux