Forum for documenting changes to the map during roadworks.
Please read "How to use the UK Roadworks sub-forum" before writing a thread.

[IN PROGRESS] Hanover Street, Manchester

Post by merlin83b
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ueFilter=0

Hanover street is closed between Corporation Street and Dantzic Street "from 3/10/16 for 88 weeks"(!) for NOMA building works. Amazingly, this doesn't seem to be listed on the council's website.

I've disabled the turn from Corporation Street into Hanover street when coming from the South but from the North it's a level 2 lock which means I can't. Very happy to make that change if anyone can temporarily lower the lock. Once the works are complete, these turns will need to be allowed again.
merlin83b

POSTER_ID:14545670

Send a message

Post by ditchi56
This Roadworks forum isn't used much now. For a quick response, it's best to post in the Editor Requests forum.

Anyway, I've done the downlock for you now. For a temporary turn restriction, it's best to use a "time restriction". When you put your cursor over the green turn arrow that you were about to turn red, instead of clicking on the green arrow itself, look for the little clock icon and click on that instead. This will take you to a panel on which you can block the turn for certain conditions only. In this case, you will want to block it up to a certain date. Please do put a description in so other people know why it's there (free format text, keep it short or it will refuse to save).

Almost certainly, the end date will change and ideally you'll come back and update the restriction. But at least if you forget about the change it will expire rather than stay forever.

Sounds like you've been doing some editing, so you've probably already seen the Quickstart guide.

Have fun,
Ian
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by merlin83b
Thanks Ian, time based restrictions now in place to end in June 2018. It's a nice shortcut on my commute so if it opens sooner, I'll be back to open it again :)
merlin83b
Send a message