Forum for documenting changes to the map during roadworks.
Please read "How to use the UK Roadworks sub-forum" before writing a thread.

[Complete] A46 Shore Rd, Enniskillen

Post by seriousarsonist
Hi all

I propose to disconnect this section for the duration of the G8 Summit talks, June 1st to June 26th. I'll commence the action on May 31st and will then reconnect the section on June 25th.

TrafficwatchNI has posted these details

A46 Shore Rd, Enniskillen - June Closure

Due to the G8 Summit, a security fence is to be constructed at the Lough Erne Golf Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, on part of the A46 Lough Shore Road (main Enniskillen to Belleek Road).

Installation work will begin on Friday 17 May. At this stage traffic will not be affected as initial work will take place away from the road.

Installation of the security fence on the A46 Lough Shore Road, adjacent to the golf resort, will begin on Saturday 1 June. To facilitate this, the A46 will be closed from Saturday 1 June. The closure will operate locally from the Belleek side of the Magheradunbar junction to the layby at Carrickreagh. Diversions will be signposted via the B81 through Derrygonnelly.

The A46 will remain closed until 26 June to enable the fence to be dismantled following the Summit close on 18 June. Further road closures are not expected.

Thanks for listening
Pip

PS. I'll need the relevant section locks dropped to Level 3, Ta!
seriousarsonist

POSTER_ID:10802295

Send a message