Offline reports

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Offline reports

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Waze is highly dependent on a data connection and currently has no ability to even save a report if you have no network connection. This is currently the way the app works. More offline or data-gap abilities are something which are on the roadmap for the app, but it's not going to be quick.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:24 am

enfmichael wrote:EgzVPI, you got it. We need to start a report process with no data connection and the sync when de data connection back. Long distances highways and freeways in Brazil doesn't have connection data and have several errors in map. This feature will allow us to improve this Brazilian ways.

As I wrote, this is something which is likely coming in the future, but not any time soon. Different report types will likely be cached for different periods of times. Police may be the shortest lived as they often move, up to map issues which may not time out for days. These are just suggestions we've given to Waze and I have no information that they are actively working on it.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AusdemWeg » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:36 am

enfmichael wrote:Hello,

Sorry for my English.

Michael

Offtopic :) your english is good, im from Austria [no kangaroo ;)] i understand it very well

AusdemWeg

Postby dougkl » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Im brazilian too and we have a lot of point without internet connection, i founded yesterday more than 20 points to make a alert (radar, police and map error) and i coundnt do it because the internet signal (the waze shows that i cant do it without internet connection)
dougkl

Postby EgzVPI » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:27 pm

OldGnome wrote:When you touch the [Report] button, Waze will remember your position and can finish the reporting process later. I do not know if that is possible without a cell signal when you want to report a problem.

Unfortunately, if there is a dead zone, hitting report won't start the report process, and only error out stating no data connection. At least they are aware of this.

Maybe they like putting speed traps where there is no cell signal for this reason. ;)
EgzVPI

Offline reports

Postby enfmichael » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Hello,

I'm Brazilian and this my first time on the forum. Sorry for my English.

In Brazil, we have small and long distances on highways and freeways with no cell operator signal.

We need an offline reports feature, with sync when the connection is restablished.

Thaks,

Michael
enfmichael

Postby enfmichael » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:44 pm

EgzVPI, you got it. We need to start a report process with no data connection and the sync when de data connection back. Long distances highways and freeways in Brazil doesn't have connection data and have several errors in map. This feature will allow us to improve this Brazilian ways.

Thanks,
enfmichael

Postby enfmichael » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 am

Thanks to all. Can you see, many users in Brazil has the same problem, as dougkl and me.
enfmichael

Postby Fedelosa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:04 am

Same thing happen in Uruguay!
Fedelosa
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby OldGnome » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:38 pm

When you touch the [Report] button, Waze will remember your position and can finish the reporting process later. I do not know if that is possible without a cell signal when you want to report a problem.
OldGnome

Return to Waze App