How to report an incident when I past it?

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: How to report an incident when I past it?

Postby CrackedLCD » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:40 am

Having some way to pinpoint the alert later would also be nice. I may not be driving right by a major wreck or speed trap to still be able to see it. The current system means I can't alert to a wreck on an overpass or underpass if I'm on a highway, for example, even though I saw it and could possibly help someone else out.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

HTC Droid DNA (Android 4.2.2) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD

Re: Re: How to report an incident when I past it?

Postby dmcconachie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:22 am

bigbear3764 wrote:No way around that, it's going to post where you hit send.

It posts where you hit the report button, not the Send button. You can also then tap "later" and complete the report further down the road when it's safe.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby gerben » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:36 am

It is only available at the NA server...
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gordonski » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am

olestas wrote:Just put the phone in some holder. Then you will not be actually holding it in hand... Dont most people use holders?

Still you not allowed to play around with it while driving, at least in Germany.
Voice input should work on most (or even all) devices. As far as I know it is only active in English speaking countries so far.
With two taps you can activate the reporting mode. This will store your position and you can enter more details and submit the report later, when your car is stopped. At least that's safer than typing while passing a police control... :?
ImageNo stop signs, speed limitImageNobody's gonna slow me down!Image
Country Manager for Germany, Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte
gordonski
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby K4UNX » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:44 pm

gordonski wrote:
olestas wrote:Just put the phone in some holder. Then you will not be actually holding it in hand... Dont most people use holders?

Still you not allowed to play around with it while driving, at least in Germany.
Voice input should work on most (or even all) devices. As far as I know it is only active in English speaking countries so far.
With two taps you can activate the reporting mode. This will store your position and you can enter more details and submit the report later, when your car is stopped. At least that's safer than typing while passing a police control... :?

You shouldn't be driving alone, carpool and save the planet! :-P Oh and also lets you Waze while some other sucker drives :-P
Kennett Square, PA Based Area Manager
iPhone 4 (AT&T) • "New" iPad (AT&T) • IOS 6.0
K4UNX

How to report an incident when I past it?

Postby lunahex » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 am

I wanted to report hidden police once I stopped at home. But it's putting the marker right on my house instead of where the police is... how can I move this? There's no way I'm pulling out my cell phone to report what I see as I drive.
lunahex

Postby lunahex » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:50 am

It's against the law to drive with a handheld. I can't report when I'm driving. =(

I hope Waze can incorporate some sort of ... route or radius enabled reporting. Maybe a quota of 2 reports per hour or something to help limit abusers but would help with safety.

ETA: Can I remove/delete my report then? Because technically now I'm a cop :lol:
lunahex

Postby mikmyn » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:41 am

Hmmm...
wouldn't you reckon it could pop up as an unconfirmed report until verified by x number of other users (from the road)? Once (say) 2 users had confirmed the report, it's 'real'.
It could pop up as a dialog box if you're going to pass the report in your travels, with a yes/no option
mikmyn

Postby olestas » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:34 am

Just put the phone in some holder. Then you will not be actually holding it in hand... Dont most people use holders?
olestas

Postby pogit » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:19 pm

this problem is fustrating Waze should look into it maybe by verifiying the id of some say super users?

Here in Lincolnshire and the uk in genreal local poilce and radio often are quick at alerting users to inccidents, even local grroups news groups on facebook, it would be good to impliment a feature that would allow users to scroll the map say within a set distance and add an inciddent esp if its a major one......... perhaps you could add a button to report a user if another user spots someone repeatedly posting a false alert which would say temporarlily suspend them from posting more? is there a way for waze to pole its users on this aspect..... if done correct im sure it will imporve waze and make it almost perfect ;)
:D
pogit

Previous

Return to Waze App