Speed Camera/Intersection Camera

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Speed Camera/Intersection Camera

Postby asterix06 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:27 pm

On my cartouche all speedcams disappeared as soon as I started to see them on my phone screen (10 days ago).
what is wrong?
Iphone6 Waze 4.10
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, CM Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina,
Forum Admin
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby ariesboy475 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:11 pm

What i mean is that most intersections that have cameras, will have cameras pointed in all four directions some may have cameras for two of the four. However if you're just marking for your direction, wazers traveling in the other directions will not get notified but there are cameras pointed in that direction as well.
ariesboy475

Postby ariesboy475 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:52 am

After mapping a few of these intersection camera. I notice that it ask if there's a camera in your lane. So it looks like it will only register for that specific direction you are traveling, which means all other directions will not get a notification if you pass through that intersection.

An intersection/red light camera should affect all traffic going through that intersection in all directions.
ariesboy475

Postby ariesboy475 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:50 am

I've added a few perm cameras at certain intersections. But when i drive through those locations few days, even weeks later, it does not show up on the map.
ariesboy475

Speed Camera/Intersection Camera

Postby ariesboy475 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:53 am

Is anyone actually using the speed camera event?

I typically see a cop on the side of the road, but haven't come across any speed cameras. I do however see intersection cameras. The ones to see if you're running the "red" light or not. This app should track this as well. Since this is a permanent fixture, this type of report should not be listed in the "event" but should have a marker/indicator as you drive by or near one.
ariesboy475

Postby AnthonyB » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:34 pm

Agreed. I think Red light cameras have a separate button as thy are technically much different. you can be doing the legal speed limit and get a ticket by going through the camera. Lol and on the flipside you can blast through a red light camera at 100mph and not get a ticket. I live in the LA/OC area and we have many red light cameras whereas
AnthonyB

Previous

Return to Waze App