Gateway Motorway Bracken Ridge, unlock request

Post by GarvinGray
Travelling Gav and myself are requesting a downgrade of the levels for the segments around this area: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... =274713271

What we have noticed from a user report is that the elevations for the Gateway Motorway are not consistent for eastbound and westbound, and also marked as ground level when they should be +1 at certain points.

We intend to change some areas where the segment points are to better match the elevations, and also the entry/exit points for the Motorway. Level Two downgrade would be appreciated, otherwise I can not work on this area, with TG supervising my work and making corrections as we go.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

POSTER_ID:16961375

Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by GarvinGray
Interesting little pick up. Thanks for the links.
3. Elevation -5 is used for non-drivable roads to help ensure that the routing engine does not try to connect or route drivers from roads onto non-roads by mistake. It acts to prevent false system reporting that the roads should be connected.
As for the issue at hand. Currently the Gateway Motorway east of Bracken Ridge Road is set as Ground Level and after discussing with TG, we believe some changes are required as this should be +1 elevation. The GM passes over Bracken Ridge Road and other Roads.

It is only westward of Bracken Ridge Road and other roads does it become ground level, so in our short discussions, we believe that the segments should be changed to reflect the +1 elevation for some parts, and ground elevation for the western section. We can sort out exactly where everything is once the Motorway is unlocked, but at this stage we can not move anything at all.

We are also aware that the last person to make changes is ps_au (6) so are very cautious about making any changes, but do believe some updates are required in this area.

I know I am speaking on behalf of Travelling Gav, and that can be a dangerous practice, but if I have mis-spoken on our conversations about this matter, then I am sure he will correct me ;)

As for the correct area, I thought this was the correct area. It is in the unlock section, but I have put it in the state section it applies to, rather than for all of Australia.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

Post by GarvinGray
ispyisail wrote:@GarvinGray

You might want to have a closer look here
I have fixed this.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
glomp wrote:I monitor that using Tapatalk so a notification is sent when someone posts a new thread. We can do most unlocks from a mobile, but it is also dependant on how your permalink is done in the post. It is better to have the image layer on and the editable area and city layers off so it is easier to see the map on the mobile.
I do not understand this post. This is another example of where I have been given about three different set of instructions for posting permalinks, correct techniques etc. It is getting tedious.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
ispyisail wrote:
GarvinGray wrote:
glomp wrote:I monitor that using Tapatalk so a notification is sent when someone posts a new thread. We can do most unlocks from a mobile, but it is also dependant on how your permalink is done in the post. It is better to have the image layer on and the editable area and city layers off so it is easier to see the map on the mobile.
I do not understand this post. This is another example of where I have been given about three different set of instructions for posting permalinks, correct techniques etc. It is getting tedious.
I think what he is saying in most cases unlocks can take up to 24 hours for somebody unlock but if you want near instant unlock Glomp can do this if you post in the correct place and with the correct technique because he is doing this on a mobile phone and most likely at work.

This is news to me but it sounds quite honorable based on the fact that we are all volunteers.

Unlocks for NZ are never as fast as Oz
I am not questioning at all the speed, or the intent. It is this part that I do not understand-
but it is also dependant on how your permalink is done in the post. It is better to have the image layer on and the editable area and city layers off so it is easier to see the map on the mobile.
I have no idea how to do this. I have been told previously to display the permalink and a description of the change you are requiring and the reasons for it. So I am not sure/unfamiliar with what glomp is talking about.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
I am aware of how to do permalinks. Even though I find them difficult to do reliably. After clicking on the segment I want to copy and paste, and then clicking the bottom right hand corner, and then pressing Control +C. I double check that I have done this correctly by opening a new window and then pressing Control V to ensure the page opens to the exact location correctly.

But for some reason as seems to have occurred here, it has not opened correctly.

And I already have satellite imagery, cities, roads, junctions and everything ticked down to junction angles. Remember though, I am only a level 2 editor, so I do not have all the options that a level 5 or level 6 editor has.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
TG and myself have finished our changes to the Gateway Motorway. So it can be re-locked to level 5.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by glomp
GarvinGray wrote: As for the correct area, I thought this was the correct area. It is in the unlock section, but I have put it in the state section it applies to, rather than for all of Australia.
You will find that the AU Unlock and Update Requests is the correct place for any unlock/update requests. Thats what it is there for.
I monitor that using Tapatalk so a notification is sent when someone posts a new thread. We can do most unlocks from a mobile, but it is also dependant on how your permalink is done in the post.
It is better to have the image layer on and the editable area and city layers off so it is easier to see the map on the mobile.
The state specific sections are checked, but manually. This means a post may take longer to get a response. They should also be used for the state specific topics and not with update/unlock requests mixed together.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
Oh man, your going to get me in trouble

Have you applied for unlock requests in the "unlock section"?
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message