New CITIES/TOWNS/SUBURBS additions

Post by GarvinGray
I think this topic could even be stickied, for the amount of times editors ask about it.

theclem recently mentioned that if I/we wanted to get new CITIES/TOWNS/SUBURBS added, the fastest way was to create a new thread dedicated to the topic in the Qld thread. They can only be added by Level 4 editors.

So this is the thread for it.

Since I am the creator of the thread :) To make it easier for the level 4 editors, each editor should state the name of the new suburb, its postcode and 'rough' location.

Example.

I am asking for Wildash to be added. WILDASH 4370 and it is a suburb on the outskirts of Warwick, near the Warwick-Killarney Road.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

POSTER_ID:16961375

Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by GarvinGray
Thank you.

Another one. Permalink
Leslie Dam 4370
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

Post by GarvinGray
Canningvale
Willowvale
Loch Lomond
Junabee
Toolburra
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
Willowvale, Qld. All the rest are singles for Australian postcodes.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
How do we change cities in the app? I have received a report saying there is Palmwoods, Qld and Palmwoods, NSW. In the app, they are located on opposite sides of Woombye- Montville Rd.

Obviously, being Qld, it is Palmwoods Nsw that needs to go.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
theclem54 wrote:There was a heap of Palmwoods, NSW segments in Palmwoods, QLD. How this happened, I do not know. We need to remove Palmwoods, NSW from all segments in QLD, this must be done manually and I normally use the highlighter script to find them.

I just found one on a ramp and renamed it for you, I cannot see any others. It usually takes a few weeks for city updates to feed through to the client, though this timing may have improved.
Are you able to run a script and eliminate all the Palmwoods NSW from Qld, so I know this report has been fixed?
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
theclem54 wrote:No, can only change what's on the screen loaded into the editor.
In the app I can see Palmwoods NSW 'all' along Woombye-Montville Road. This is also where the report is from. And another Palmwoods NSW further south across Chevallum Rd.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by glomp
GarvinGray wrote:Canningvale
Willowvale
Loch Lomond
Junabee
Toolburra
When you are requesting a new city name to be added, have you check that it is unique to Queensland?

Otherwise you will need to have the state appended to the city name in your request.

Further information can be found in the following Wiki pages - Australian City Names and Smudged City
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by theclem54
Hi Garvin, Thanks for creating this thread in a format that all editors in QLD can use to keep these in one place.

I would recommend a Permalink to a segment within the new city as well, that way all we need do is add the City name to that one segment and off you go. This would save us having to locate the city within the editor and speeds up the response.

I've added Wildash for you, as well as Murrays Bridge, Silverwood and Morgan Park around it. Only one segment in each so the rest you can go for it.

I'm certain that we're still missing dozens, possibly hundreds of localities, so keep them coming.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message