Unusual navigation South Pine Rd.

Post by groovykyle
Had this nav happen to me this morning, as well it seems a current UR out for it.
Image is live map screengrab with a right hand dog leg which I can't see on the editor
at the intersection of Sizer St.

Last updated 30 March by @TheClem54 and segment above 16 March by @orbacc, perhaps he has fixed it. No one online in the chatroom atm.
Anyway I guess I'll try it in a few days as it looks corrected in the editor.

Cheers
Kyle
S2creen Shot 2016-04-01 at 4.33.20 PM.jpg
(35.81 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ueFilter=0
groovykyle
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17093169

Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
There is a bit of editing history to this stretch of road. When we got a couple of reports from Griffith St/South Pine Road/Stafford Road intersection about not ideal voice commands, it was decided to fix that intersection to get the voice commands correct, as well as change South Pine Road from Elkhorn St Enoggera all way further north to Brendale (including Old Northern Road).

I did the unsplitting of the entire section, with theclem double checking my work. This little intersection had some time spent on it because of the slip lanes, but when I did the editing, Sizer St joined South Pine Road at almost 90 degrees and South Pine Road was going straight through and curved slightly to the left.

An error like this at that time would have been noticed. I am not sure what has occurred since.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by groovykyle
Yep I remember that. It is only recent, so someone accidentally broke it. Looks fine again on the editor now. Went through this morning and it's still showing the little dogleg, probably wasn't visible at a wider zoom level. Sure it will propagate soon. :)
groovykyle
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by theclem54
I fixed it the other day per request in the unlock forum - viewtopic.php?f=406&t=183369

Has not yet been a tile update - https://wazestatus.wordpress.com/catego ... e-updates/
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message