Improving MR5 Jubilee Ter, Ashgrove — Route guidance

Post by thepeterhsieh
Hello Editors! Here to ask for your opinion and help on solving this issue on MR5 Jubilee Ter, Ashgrove.

Problem:
As described by the reporting Wazer,
When approaching this intersection from the south the navigator should say "bear left" for straight ahead and left turns and "bear right" for right turns as there are lane restrictions and it's difficult to change lanes to proceed ahead if you leave it too late.
Permalink: with Roads layer

If you switch off the roads layer - you'll see that the lane restrictions start before you even reach Devonshire St which explains the problem.

Permalink: without Roads layer

Discussion:
Should Jubilee Ter be split into 3 parallel segments? One driving south, and two driving north, one for straight and left turns, and the other right turns? Or should it be left as is, and inform that Waze isn't built to deal with such situations?
thepeterhsieh

POSTER_ID:17047387

Send a message

Post by theclem54
We don't implement lane control in the map. It is up to the driver to ensure that they are in the correct lane for their upcoming turn.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by theclem54
The markings start a long way back and users are usually informed of upcoming turns. I once found myself in the wrong lane there, someone let me over with no hassle as I signalled my issue quickly and moved over. It's not like you find out with 20 metres left.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by thepeterhsieh
I guess the only confusion is that you could easily be on the right lane thinking it would also allow you to continue straight, only to find out it's only a right turn lane.

I've informed the reporter that Waze doesn't implement lane control, and that changes won't be made to the map, explaining that it would be the drivers responsibility to be aware of the road markings for lane control.
thepeterhsieh
Send a message

Post by thepeterhsieh
Yep! I informed the editor of the road markings, and they understood. No further actions were made, reported close! Thanks for clarifying!
thepeterhsieh
Send a message