AirportlinkM7 Tunnel

Post by GarvinGray

I have received a report regarding this tunnel and noticed that there is a red arrowed turn off from the main tunnel to what is currently marked Gympie Road ramp (travelling Northbound).

I think that should be green arrowed and also, shouldn't that be a tunnel, not ramp?

Also on the southbound side, it would also be a tunnel, not ramp. Some of these are level 1 access, but starting this as a discussion before I start making changes as some of the work was done by a level 5, and other parts need a level 5 to drop access.

Thoughts?
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

POSTER_ID:16961375

Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by GarvinGray
Does anyone have a follow up to this matter?
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

Post by GarvinGray
theclem54 wrote:Ramp is fine as it's part of the exit/entry. Send a PM to nibby34 to fix up the red arrow.
pm sent to nibby
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by GarvinGray
A new report has come in from this segment: Permalink where waze seems to have gotten confused with navigation.

In my previous post I said that I believed that the two 'ramps' that connected to AirportlinkM7 tunnel should also be tunnels, rather than ramps, as they are underground and are only above ground much further North.

This current report deals with what I believe is another example of this. The 'ramps' in this area are clearly underground and are even marked with elevations of -1 and -3. I believe they should be tunnels and changes as such.

This could also have affected the navigation.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by theclem54
Ramp is fine as it's part of the exit/entry. Send a PM to nibby34 to fix up the red arrow.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by theclem54
Hey mate, I set the ramps to tunnels.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message