Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Addition of Red Light Camera, Kingston Rd/Muchow Rd

Post by GarvinGray

A user report has been filed saying that a red light camera has been recently installed and is active at the intersection of Kingston Rd and Muchow Rd, Waterford West. Permalink provided.

I have attempted to add the red light camera in what I think is the correct location. This is the first time doing this, so please confirm if done correctly.

This location does not appear on here: https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety ... /location/ but the pages last update was June 2015, so is a year out of date.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

POSTER_ID:16961375

Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by GarvinGray
theclem54 wrote:I've not played with cameras, but per the wiki, it looks right. Just verify with the reporter that only that northbound travel direction is monitored.
I have asked about southbound. Awaiting reply.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by groovykyle
There was another report on Sandgate Road too, new camera added to the map about 10 days ago. Our local camera which was hit by a car about 18 months ago is finally being repaired, so thinking we may have some new camera activity out there.
groovykyle
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by theclem54
I've not played with cameras, but per the wiki, it looks right. Just verify with the reporter that only that northbound travel direction is monitored.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message