Queens Wharf Road and William Street Closures

Post by GarvinGray
Starting January 1 2017, Queens Wharf Road is going to be permanently closed to all traffic:
https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor/?env= ... ,165186299

and William Street will be closed between Elizabeth Street and Margaret Streets for five years. https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor/?env= ... =322425112

So I guess it is time to incorporate these closures into the system.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

POSTER_ID:16961375

Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

This point is not up for discussion, never has been and never will be.

Post by GarvinGray
theclem54 wrote:I think Queens Wharf Rd can be removed from the map. You should be safe to do this anytime between Christmas and New Years, try to do it closer to Christmas to increase the chance of a tile update before New Years.
I had a look here: https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/traffic ... f-brisbane

and it does not mention anything about Queens Wharf Road being changed to a pedestrian only pathway or any such thing, so at Christmas time I will delete the Queens Wharf Road.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
As waze editors, our role is to map based on what is legal. It is the job of councils and governments to determine whether or not a turn or other similar 'risky' situations should be permitted based on risk assessments performed by people much more qualified than us to do so.

Post by GarvinGray
Queens Wharf Road is no more.
GarvinGray
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by theclem54
Just went to add the William St closure in, but you've modified the segment so I cannot add the closure until next tile update. I'll check in mid-week to see if I can add it at this time and also set up calendar reminders every 12 months for the next 6 years to extend the closures.

I think Queens Wharf Rd can be removed from the map. You should be safe to do this anytime between Christmas and New Years, try to do it closer to Christmas to increase the chance of a tile update before New Years.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message