Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Should we change "Brisbane City" to "Brisbane"

Yes, Change to "Brisbane"
75%
No, "Brisbane City" is just fine
25%

Total votes: 8

Brisbane

Post by theclem54
Hi chaps,

As you all know (those who've looked at the city layer this year), we have a very large city boundary of 'Brisbane' which hides all our suburbs under a nice large purple (well purple for me) cloud.

Now that our shield wiki page (https://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php?tit ... Australia)) has been updated by our council of country managers, the freeways no longer need to hold a Brisbane label.

As I update our freeways (slowly but surely, lot's of unlock requests to put through first) this over-bearing cloud will be reduced to the Brisbane City area making traffic reports on 'No City' roads accurate and allowing us to see smudges and suburb boundaries.

The pressing question is, Do we want to change 'Brisbane City' to 'Brisbane' now that 'Brisbane' is not being used as a catchall for anything in the BCC (Brisbane City Council) LGA (Local Government Area)?

PS. Does anyone know how to make a poll in here?
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager

POSTER_ID:12747380

Send a message
Last edited by Caradellino on Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the poll

Post by Caradellino
theclem54 wrote:PS. Does anyone know how to make a poll in here?
Yep ;)
By the power vested in me by the Waze I added one :lol:

@theclem54: as you might have noticed, it's an option for the initial post of a topic, so you might edit your post to finetune the question or options if needed.
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Greets...and keep on wazing
Caradellino, CM for:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... /Mysig.png
AT-Wiki | Team Austria | Wie Waze Routen kalkuliert
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by theclem54
I looked for the option but couldn't find it, must be half blind.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by theclem54
Hi Wildcard,

You are right in that the official name is Brisbane City. Normally I agree with the use of official city names however in this case, every address I've ever seen for any building located in the city has the suburb listed only as Brisbane.

Sorry I took so long to reply but I was waiting until I had the stray 'Brisbane' segments all under control. I think the last of them are now taken care of, when I confirm this then we'll get the Brisbane City changed to Brisbane to conform with the poll results (was hoping for more than 5 votes but can't wait forever).
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message