Brisbane Airport. Thoughts on this

Post by Traveling_Gav
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... =165408245

As you take this segment because you are coming off Airport Dr there isno instruction. I was wondering if it might be better to put a section of ramp and name it "Exit to: Airport Dr / International Terminal" as that is what the sign says. It is a major branch with the majority of the lanes going straight ahead on Moreton Dr. I wondered if people without verbal instruction might continue straight onto Moreton Dr instead of veering left. The only way you know is by looking closely at the map.

Equally have a section of ramp on Moreton which says "Moreton Dr / Domestic Terminal" might also be good.

Thoughts?
Gav...
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager

POSTER_ID:16860713

Send a message

Post by glomp
Traveling_Gav wrote:I'm not sure when the tile update occurred but I did not get any direction this morning. Although looking at the live map it does have a keep left instruction. I will have a look again in two days.
Keep an eye on Waze Status for when the tiles are updated. Use the live map and plot a route and see what instructions are given. Saves having to drive out there to check things out.
glomp
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by theclem54
There should be a Keep Right or Keep Left instruction there with the angles on the junction.
theclem54
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
No. When I stayed left I received nothing which I expect is because there is no change in street name. From the Junction Style Guide:
Since the multi-lane segment of Main St and the regular street segment of Main St have the same name, the routing engine automatically considers that to be "straight".
I think this is backed up by the wiki article "How Waze determines turn / keep / exit maneuvers" when it states that for best continuation:
if s-out has the same road type & street name it is selected as the real continuation.
and then
3. if s-out is determined to be the best continuation of s-in (explanation on 'best continuation' below), the instruction is: 'CONTINUE', which implies that the driver is not turning (i.e., going straight through the junction)
Hence my question?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
I'm not sure when the tile update occurred but I did not get any direction this morning. Although looking at the live map it does have a keep left instruction. I will have a look again in two days.
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Traveling_Gav
Yep this is now fixed. Wildcard what did you do to fix it?
Traveling_Gav
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by WildCard_25
As you noted in an earlier post Waze only gives keep left/right instructions if the name changes. So there was a keep right because the name changed, but no keep left as the name stayed the same. I added a short unnamed section for the left-hand 'kink', so even tho the client still displays the same name and now says to stay left onto the same named road, the road name does actually change ie. named->unnamed->named :-D
WildCard_25
Send a message