Forum to submit Unlock and Update Requests in Australia.
Contributers are to follow the there stated rules.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post.
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated.
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Include your editor rank
5. Thank the user who solved the request (thumbs-up button) and mark the thread Solved when verified complete (checkmark/accept answer button).

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Seven Hills, NSW - Prospect Hwy red light speed cameras

Post by AL11EXW
Hi, I'm very new to editing, so please be understanding!

There are two red light speed cameras on the Prospect Hwy either side of the Johnson Avenue/Station Road intersection. Camera numbers: 5926874 & 6020527

Both cameras are set to a speed limit of 10kph - can the limits be adjusted to 60kph.

I was actually recently fined by the camera heading westbound on Abbott Road (6020527) and it didn't warn me - is this because the camera is shown located on "To Station Road"?

Thanks in advance
AL11EXW

POSTER_ID:17375669

Send a message

Post by AL11EXW
Thanks very much! I realised after I posted that I had done it all wrong & should have inserted a Permalink!

Will work that one out for next time.

Cheers
AL11EXW
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
TimAThing wrote:I've fixed the speed limit on both cameras and adjusted the positioning slightly (also removed two extra cameras that someone created recently). The camera was/is set to trigger on Abbott Road not on the slip lane into Abbott Rd.
TimAThing, I believe the camera position is still incorrect. The red light camera should monitor the straight-through westbound traffic on Abbott Rd, not the left-turn traffic. Correct camera placement should be on the actual stop line of the traffic light, as per the wiki:

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Speed_camera ... _Placement

Also, I can't see any other changes you might have made at the same time to nearby road segments. If you haven't made any other changes, then your changes to the camera will not be shown in the Waze app as camera changes in themselves do not trigger a map tile update. See the wiki:

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Speed_camera#Camera_Approval

Finally, there should be no camera monitoring east-bound traffic on Prospect Hwy. The westbound camera is too far away to see & there are no eastbound camera road sensors.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by TimAThing
Hi and welcome!

I've fixed the speed limit on both cameras and adjusted the positioning slightly (also removed two extra cameras that someone created recently). The camera was/is set to trigger on Abbott Road not on the slip lane into Abbott Rd.

For future reference, it helps if you provide a link to the location in the editor. If you click on the road segment/s, camera or whichever, there is a place in the bottom right that will give you a URL that you can copy. For example, one of the cameras you were referring to is at permalink.
TimAThing
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
L5, State Manager for NSW and Tasmania
Country Manager, Australia

Post by TimAThing
Thanks - should be fixed now. Note to self: when fixing cameras, do it at maximum zoom in.
TimAThing
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
L5, State Manager for NSW and Tasmania
Country Manager, Australia