Post by GeoffVader77
Hi All,
    I have been using Waze for many years now and have tried a couple of times to edit the map but seem to be locked from most things as only level 1. I do report issues and now am starting to go and comment on them as well. does anyone have any tips on moving up levels to open more editing options?

Geoff Vader

GeoffVader77
Send a message

Post by Ian_Frakes
G'day all,

Recently joined.

Currently trying to work out how to mark the Bowen Drive Underpass roadworks as an hazard.
Ian_Frakes
Send a message

Post by Ian_Frakes
Thanks All!

After the above post I managed to close ID: 90356219 but I guess it has to be verified.

I've read a few other posts discussing how you can only close a road, not mark it as 'restricted flow' or something.

Am I right to assume that if I continuously drive through the restricted access Waze will eventually 'label' that as a slow point?

As much as I would like to help my fellow Wazers, driving into all the traffic jams sort of defeats the purpose! ;)

I did find this link to ACT Road closures:
http://www.tams.act.gov.au/roads-transp ... d_closures

It would be great if TAMS and Waze got together and developed an .xml file for closure notifications which TAMS could load and Waze could scrape automagically. :idea:

Also, kudos to the poor Wazer who drives East along Parkes Way through Acton every morning recording his morning traffic jam. :)
Ian_Frakes
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
Hi

I'm a lurker, I've never been to ACT

:)
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by kambingtinggi
Hi and welcome! There are at least two of three higher ranked editors for the ACT.

I highly recommend you install some scripts to assist with your editing. There are many scripts available from the scripts area of this forum. WME Magic and WME Toolbox.

viewtopic.php?f=819&t=230927

viewtopic.php?f=819&t=145570
kambingtinggi
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kambingtinggi
MikeBcbr wrote:Hi all, I have been a user for a couple of years and have never used the forums, until today that is! ;)
Welcome Mike!
kambingtinggi
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kambingtinggi
Hi M and welcome to the Australian Waze Forum. There aren't many active editors in Canberra so we would appreciate any help you could provide. Australian Waze editors are regularly active on the Waze Australia Discord server so please join us there.

As you're spending lots of time driving around Canberra your first hand knowledge will be very useful for us.
kambingtinggi
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kambingtinggi
Welcome Geoff and thank you for replying to add comments on your reports which really helps other editors to fix map issues.

There is far more discussion and mentoring tips available on the Waze Australia Discord server here and it would be great if you could join us:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=257551

I can also recommend visiting the new Australian editor landing page here:

https://www.waze.com/wiki/Australia/New ... nding_Page

Hope to see you soon.

KT
kambingtinggi
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Killer006
Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I would like to help.

Cheers
Killer006
Send a message

Post by mathewbarber
Hi All,

Been using waze for navigation on and off for a few years, recently got a new car with CarPlay and now use it almost daily, thought I’d try and contribute to the maps only to find the hard work is already done! I’ve been focusing on local speed Limits, missing no right turn and one way roads, adding private and car park roads in business parks and large businesses etc.

Only a level 1 so will need all of my changes to be approved by the higher ups, not sure how many there are around here though.
mathewbarber
Send a message