Inaccurate address location for home

Post by ClaptonVapes77
I already got our address location changed on Google maps, but now it looks like it needs to be adjusted on Waze as well. When I was in the map editor and typed in my address the pin was in the correct spot, however when i type it in for directions it sends people further down our street than it is supposed to. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but we aren't getting our amazon packages delivered to our home because of this issue. We have house numbers up as well, but guess the drivers are just following the gps.I am attaching an image of what the waze gps is showing the address location is and i edited the pic to show where my house actually is. Again when you type this address in the map editor is show it in the correct spot. so not sure why both aren't correct
ClaptonVapes77

POSTER_ID:17982495

Send a message
Attachments

Post by ClaptonVapes77
I just removed the address and re entered it and it still takes it further down the road than it is suppose to. I only typed it into Waze this morning once i got confirmation rom google that our address location was updated.
ClaptonVapes77
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
ClaptonVapes77 wrote:I already got our address location changed on Google maps, but now it looks like it needs to be adjusted on Waze as well. When I was in the map editor and typed in my address the pin was in the correct spot, however when i type it in for directions it sends people further down our street than it is supposed to. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but we aren't getting our amazon packages delivered to our home because of this issue. We have house numbers up as well, but guess the drivers are just following the gps.I am attaching an image of what the waze gps is showing the address location is and i edited the pic to show where my house actually is. Again when you type this address in the map editor is show it in the correct spot. so not sure why both aren't correct

There are a few possibilities. The most likely one is that you have stale data on your phone. Waze does not search for the address every time you navigate to a favorite or previous search. So, you have to delete and re-add the destination. I'm happy to test this, since I've never navigated to your house, but I would need your home address. If, understandably, you aren't comfortable posting that in the forum, you can send a private message by clicking on my user name.

With the address, we can do some other trouble shooting as well.
ehepner1977  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
Ok, I was able to locate the area in question and it looks like the address was coming from Google. It can take up to 24 hours for that to propagate. I'm adding all of the addresses in Waze, but that will take about 48 hours to go live. I'll test on Thursday and report back.
ehepner1977  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
Hey, in my testing on a fresh search, it looks like the stop is correct. Can you delete your searches and favorites and test it for yourself? Let me know please, and we can mark this issue solved.
ehepner1977  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message