Metadata translations of a shared MTE page?

Moderators: Unholy, orit_y

Metadata translations of a shared MTE page?

Postby kumiankka » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:45 am

Hi!

I created and published a Major Traffic Event regarding demolition of an old freeway overpass. When I was about to share the published MTE page, I realized that some of its metadata strings that are shown in e.g. Facebook post need better translations. But I couldn't find the strings anywhere in Transifex. I'm a translator in teams
  • User Communications - Core
  • Waze on Going Projects team
  • Waze-Web Pages (yml,html) team
Is there yet another team I not member of, or are the strings missing from Transifex resources?

The strings in question are only visible in the MTE page source code, but Facebook and other preview capable platforms use them to generate preview of the page:
Code: Select all
<meta charset='utf-8'>
<meta content='width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0' name='viewport'>
<meta content='https://d1oiazdc2hzjcz.cloudfront.net/website/events-share-image.png' property='og:image'>
<meta content='Avoid traffic from Tarvo overpass demolition' property='og:title'>
<meta content='Avoid traffic from Tarvo overpass demolition' property='fb:title'>
<meta content='If you&#39;re driving in Espoo, these roads will be closed due to the Tarvo overpass demolition' property='og:description'>
<meta content='' property='fb:description'>
kumiankka a.k.a. the rubber duck. Quack quack!

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
kumiankka

Return to Localization