Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Store text translations - Important

Post by nickyaug
Hi all, 

When separating the translations between the linguists and the community we agreed that the linguists will be responsible for the marketing translations of the top 13 languages. 

Due to a miscommunication the store translations (Android and Apple) were separated from marketing translations when they should be all together (the reason for that is that we have more or less 2 days to translate every new string). 

For that reason In the coming days we will transition back these 2 resources to the linguists list of translations for the top 13 languages: 

Android StoreText 

Apple Store Text 

This is planned to take place starting July 20th, so please pay attention that this week's strings are still under the community's responsibility. We would like to ask you to please finalize the translations by July 20th 12pm (Israel time). 

The rest of the languages, the community will continue with the responsibility of translating these resources, just please remember that to see it live we need it to be done in 48 hours, the translations that will be done after it goes live will not be uploaded. 

Thank you for understanding. 

Best,
Nicole

nickyaug
Waze Team
Waze Team
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:17973654

Send a message

Post by nickyaug
Sea_Breeze wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:10 pm I think it will be hilarious if e2f will translate the future store texts. They know the app "so well", it will be definitely be a big success. Mark my words.
Good luck!

I understand, but since it is related to marketing material and there is a very short time for the translation for now we will need to leave it with them.
nickyaug
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Sea_Breeze
I think it will be hilarious if e2f will translate the future store texts. They know the app "so well", it will be definitely be a big success. Mark my words.
Good luck!
Sea_Breeze
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Sea_Breeze
Hi Ladies,

Can you wake up the Dutch e2f translators or give us access to the ucomm and store texts again?
There are now untranslated 2 WEEK old strings in these resources.
Sea_Breeze
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Sea_Breeze
The present backlog is https://www.transifex.com/waze/search/? ... iewed%3Ano

Argument for switching to e2f was that everything would be translated within 2 days, but we were and are always faster and they are now more than 2 weeks behind.
Sea_Breeze
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Sea_Breeze
Today e2f finally translated 3 out of 6 untranslated strings, but with incorrect words, inconsistent without using translation memory, and without applying the style guide.

They used "Bouwvakkers" (builders of houses) instead of "Wegwerkers" (who perform road constructions).

They translated Speed Limit too literally and uncommon. The correct word is maximumsnelheid (legal speed limit) instead of snelheidslimiet (the speed to which your vehicle is limited by hardware).

For this string there already existed a identical fitting and Wazey translation, but they made it long and informal.

Can you please change these strings and ask them to translate and review the remaining strings too?

Sea_Breeze
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message