New- Localizing Waze Map Editor

Moderators: Unholy, orit_y

Re: New- Localizing Waze Map Editor

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:38 pm

davipt wrote:Going live is not a big issue because there is no link AFAICS there, only if you know to append the country code. world.waze.com/editor doesn't show the language drop down.

Actually, it is showing. I even tried to logout and reload the page -- it's still there (see the attachment).
Attachments
Fullscreen capture 14.06.2013 173104-001.jpg
Language Drop Down Box
(44.39 KiB) Downloaded 7456 times
berestovskyy

Postby davipt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:23 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
davipt wrote:But is it the polish version more updated on beta than live?

No, both of them are the same "mechanical" translations (i.e. english -> angielski). I saw Orit's message that the changes will be uploaded next week, so I hoped we could have a chance to check it in beta once again.

No annonce, so I think it's just someone made a mistake at Waze.

Ok so we're all in the same boat. Going live is not a big issue because there is no link AFAICS there, only if you know to append the country code. world.waze.com/editor doesn't show the language drop down.

But having a single deploy of the translations in more than one month gives me no willing to continue those translations. I've been waiting for the WME update to even start the website update. I'm not gonna translate random sentences without knowing the context where they appear, or be able to quickly test them on the final place. Two weeks is inadmissible. A daily update is already too long, but I could live with it.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:18 pm

davipt wrote:But is it the polish version more updated on beta than live?

No, both of them are the same "mechanical" translations (i.e. english -> angielski). I saw Orit's message that the changes will be uploaded next week, so I hoped we could have a chance to check it in beta once again.

No annonce, so I think it's just someone made a mistake at Waze.
berestovskyy

Postby davipt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:29 pm

berestovskyy wrote:I'm not sure when it went live, since I missed an announcement as well. But this morning one polish guy complained that everything we've discussed on a forum still not implemented in production :(

I think it's just someone missed a branch name or smth :lol:

But is it the polish version more updated on beta than live? Because the portuguese version was updated *once*, one month ago, and it's the same old version both on beta and live.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:03 pm

I'm not sure when it went live, since I missed an announcement as well. But this morning one polish guy complained that everything we've discussed on a forum still not implemented in production :(

I think it's just someone missed a branch name or smth :lol:
berestovskyy

Postby davipt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:36 am

WTH? Since when are the translations live on the official editor? Did I miss this announcement? Because orit mentions uploads every two weeks and somehow I'm not even seeing this - both beta and prod shows at least one string that was translated "by davipt, a month ago". As I saw no updates on the beta, I just gave up (focused on other stuff). Now I discover there is a live system already with those old strings? WTH?!

Update: I've double checked many other strings. No update for a whole month for pt_PT. And same version on beta and prod.

Orit, we need *at least* daily updates on the beta editor - and ANY OTHER BETA WEBSITE - to be able to test the strings correctly. Without it it feels like waze mapping some years ago - tweak a segment, wait one month, try, fail, tweak again. It sucks!
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:28 am

orit_y wrote:I upload translation for the "Waze Map Editor" approximately every 2 weeks .

Orit, IMO it's crucial to upload translation before you release beta into production.

Our polish community worked hard to translate WME, but today we noticed that old translations are in production now: https://world.waze.com/editor/pl/

For instance, polish language name in production translated as "angielski" (which means "english"). I've fixed this on transifex ~10 days ago... :(
berestovskyy

Postby orit_y » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi Localizers :)

I upload translation for the "Waze Map Editor" approximately every 2 weeks .
All correction and new translation will be re-upload next week.

Please note that the script is not final yet, that's way some strings are still missing.
We are working to complete it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your amazing work!
Orit
orit_y
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby foxitrot » Fri May 31, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi Orit, I'd like to ask for pushing Slovak translation into beta WME.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby edsonajj » Fri May 31, 2013 3:31 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Hm, Transifex shows me as a team member...

That's right. However on the language history I cannot se any "berestovskyy added by..." do you? If not, contact Orit to make sure your request to join is approved.
edsonajj
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Localization