[App client] Missing French translation

Post by c3dr1c67m
Hello

I found a missing French translation in Waze, also present in the latest version 4.42.2.1.

When planning a route to another country, in the route Summary window, it says "BORDER CROSSING" instead of "Frontière" (in French).

Would it be possible to correct this error in a next update of Waze ?

Thank you in advance.

https://c3dr1c67.000webhostapp.com/imag ... ossing.jpg
c3dr1c67m

POSTER_ID:17572732

Send a message

Post by c3dr1c67m
Hello,

since version 4.49, the problem is solved.

Thank you. ;)

https://c3dr1c67.000webhostapp.com/imag ... ossing.jpg
c3dr1c67m
Send a message

Post by fabien00
I notice that the french language "Vanessa" with the names of the road has disappeared with the 4.42... No more Vanessa ?
fabien00
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
Hi,

This is a known issue, it happens with all devices and languages around the globe.

Thanks.
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
umponcel wrote:The question posted by santyg2001 was "Frontière" is missing... Is it going to be translated and fixed on newer versions ???

Also, is there a place where translations can be done by us ? Would be more than useful on app and website

Hi,

Well, the Staff know the thing, but I didn't know if it will be fixed as I am only part of the Beta and not from the Localization Team. This really depends from the Staff and the Localization Team. I hope what yes and for a date, really we don't know it, it will be fixed "©soon"

For your another question, yes you can be part of the Localization team by joining them in Transifex just if your language is available, but i sugest you to contact your local community to know more about this first.
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by umponcel
The question posted by santyg2001 was "Frontière" is missing... Is it going to be translated and fixed on newer versions ???

Also, is there a place where translations can be done by us ? Would be more than usefull on app and website
umponcel
Send a message
Martin Poncelet | www.martinponcelet.com