Translation

Post by sehvn
Hi, in my opinion, the current tools to contribute to the translation of Waze are not enough for the size of our community.

I don't think the current approach using an excel spreadsheet is suitable for us, at least not anymore. We need to consider the use of specialized tools. It comes to my mind the use of an online Git repository (e.g. GitHub, BitBucket) where we all can suggest improved translations strings (push requests, approved my localization managers) and that files would be the ones used to generate the language files in the waze app compilation..... we could also use specialized online translation tools like Gengo.

If there are other plans from the Waze staff or suggestions from interested users, please share it with us. Thank you.
sehvn

POSTER_ID:12952008

Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
Oh, this is stonage, should be removed from the wiki and everywhere else, cause transifex is the localization plattform. For any questions contact translations@waze.com

Regards
Argus
argus-cronos
Send a message

Post by orit_y
Hi Argus,
I have posted the instruction on how to be a Waze translator http://bit.ly/14PfeKB.
We have removed the Excel file from Waze Wiki and will add the correct info.

Thanks for your help :)
Orit
argus-cronos wrote:Oh, this is stonage, should be removed from the wiki and everywhere else, cause transifex is the localization plattform. For any questions contact translations@waze.com

Regards
Argus
orit_y
Send a message