Gas Station - Update Prices

Moderators: Unholy, orit_y

Re: Gas Station - Update Prices

Postby shirapashu » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:26 am

gerben wrote:LPG prices can be very different around here. I have seen them aslow as 65 cts, way below Robin's minimum...

That's the reason there will be a wide rang, after we will get all the prices from the users, we can set a reasonable rang that would be suitable.
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby shirapashu » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:37 am

robin1979 wrote:
shirapashu wrote:We want the range to be set for a minimum of 1 year, that why we prefer a range.

Which is exactly why you don't want to set a static range. Nobody here can look into the future in such a volatile market as it is today.

We will also take a safety range, and of course if there is a need we can always change the price manually.
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby shirapashu » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:59 am

porubcan wrote:

Any suggestions regarding reporting the prices range? Would you like to report current real min/max prices or the range, that would allow price changes over a time.

Examples. Most common fuel in my country (95-grade unleaded (AKA natural 95)) costs currently 1,469 € up to 1,529 € per liter, when checking nearby stations. Diesel is around for 1,404 to 1,449 per liter. Two-three years ago diesel costed ca. 1,150 in average. So ca. >25% raise.

So what would be appropriate to report for 95-grade?
A. 1,469 - 1,529 and you will set wider range upon your general rules.
Or
B. 1,350 - 1,700 - range allowing price changes according to my judgement.

Would you expect more replys from one country? How would you resolve differences? Maybe this questionaire should be for CMs only. (just thinking loudly)

Thanks for clarifying.

Br
Stefan

if it looks strange, it's my phone's fault

We would like you to report on the range as you suggested.

We will expect to get more than one replies from one country, so we can valid the results, the final result will be approved with the local CM.

foxitrot wrote:
how often do you expect (or will allow) Waze countries to modify these ranges? If e.g. twice a year would be appropriate, then we could set the bounds tight enough (+- 0.20-0.30 €), in order to prevent mistypes and/or abuse, and regularly update them as necessary. Otherwise the bound are, IMHO, useless, especially in the mentioned form 1.000-2.999.

We want the range to be set for a minimum of 1 year, that why we prefer a range.

davipt wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Hello Shira,

IMHO the "makes sense" is more about preventing people from entering values by mistake - forgetting the first 1 for example - than trying to prevent people from entering fake values on purpose. Hence my proposal (for my country) for the 1-2.99 to prevent an invalid left-side euro digit by mistake. It has happened to me sometimes, instead of 1.469 the 1 fails and I just notice when I see the 4.69 lacking the third decimal digit.

Exactly! :D thank you for clarification!

Thanks

Shira
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team

Gas Station - Update Prices

Postby shirapashu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:14 am

Hi all,

In order to optimize the Gas Stations feature, we need your help to set a range of gas prices that could make sens for each of the four different fuel types in your country.

This will allow us to prevent users abuse of gas prices and / or drastic mistakes.

Please fill this form, and with this information we can monitor the real fuel prices locally.

Thank's for your help :-)

Shira
shirapashu
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby sehvn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:30 am

Email addresses seems to be public:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YadrXl ... wanalytics

Please fix this.
sehvn

Postby scarlogarcia » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:19 am

For Brazil

According to The Brazilian National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels, our gas reach costumers at:

Comum (gasoline)
Minimum - 2.095
Maximum - 2.920

It may range from 2.000 to 3.500

Álcool (Alcohol)
Minimum - 1.300
Maximum - 2.596

It may range from 1.200 to 3.000

Diesel (Disel)
Minimum - 1.475
Maximum - 2.570

It may range from 1.300 to 3.000

Aditivada (Alcohol additivated)
We have no official informations about this one but I think it may range from 2.000 to 3.500
Minimum - 2.095
Maximum - 3.100

Form filled

Thanks,
Carlos.
scarlogarcia

Postby robindlc » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:05 am

File sent for Spain...

Since we have to cover Canary Islands, with different taxes and lower prices, we just set up minimum and maximum to prevent clerical mistakes... so we just put a range from 1.000 to 2.999

Alternatively an approach considering average prices and allowing a fixed percentage up and down would also work, as proposed in this same thread...

As a curiosity, here a link showing a dossier from spanish gov which also consider prices in other European countries..
robindlc • CM SPAIN • WAZE CHAMPS • iOS & Waze ßeta

Decálogo del buen editorNormas del Foro
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby robin1979 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:31 am

daknife wrote:I'm still not seeing any reason to lock in prices to a restrictive range. In the US in the last year we've seen a greater than 1 dollar per gallon fluxuation in price in just my area. And have seen a range crossing several dollars for the same grade depending on where you are in the country. Even within a state the range can vary widely for the same grade of fuel, and change daily if not more often.

Perhaps a better explanation of what exactly you expect this to do, or rather enable you to do. I don't see the wisdom of trying to lock prices to a set range, especially with a once per year limit on changing the range.

Yeah, I agree. This is really one of the most brilliant ideas they have. Especially since it's so bloody easy figuring out if a price is sane with some simple high-school math (look at a post from me before), while keeping the ranges dynamic and automatically adjusting.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979

Postby robin1979 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:22 pm

shirapashu wrote:We want the range to be set for a minimum of 1 year, that why we prefer a range.

Which is exactly why you don't want to set a static range. Nobody here can look into the future in such a volatile market as it is today.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979

Postby robin1979 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:35 am

Static ranges are a very bad idea - they will catch up with you sooner or later (and with the ever inflating fuel prices, probably sooner 8-)).

Lets create a dynamic range (for the Netherlands):
Euro 95: average 1.751 - low 1.611 - high 1.839
This gives us a range of -10% to +15% compared to average. All entered fuel prices outside this range should be considered invalid (probably set the range slightly larger then the exact one calculated here).

LPG: average 0.789 - low 0.769 - high 0.879
Range: -3% to +12%

Diesel: average 1.456 - low 1.409 - high 1.519
Range -4% to +5%

Setting the limits relative to the average fuel price is probably the best solution - at least pretty future proof.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979

PreviousNext

Return to Localization