Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Buttons in Inbox

Post by fotrik
The buttons "Delete" and "Mark as read" in Inbox are not translated.
Screenshot_2013-03-04-13-58-58.png
(38.89 KiB) Downloaded 20997 times
fotrik

POSTER_ID:860577

Send a message
https://wazestats.com/Waze-sig-fotrik.pnghttps://wazestats.com/images/wazestats-logo.png

Post by edsonajj
davipt wrote:Now your screenshot reminded me that I've been getting a mix of map solved messages, some with the title translated like your screenshot, some in the original english "Map problem was solved".
Maybe something to do with editing on different servers depending on tho user preference? Just a wild guess.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by no1ne
on iOs
buttons unreadable: none & delete (french => Aucun & Supprimer)
or untranslated: Mark as read
Capture d’écran 2013-03-11 à 20.26.59.png
(34.59 KiB) Downloaded 20969 times
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Vous voulez adapter Waze dans une langue (régionale) non supportée contactez moi

Post by no1ne
davipt wrote: I'd prefer the client would go back to the native list (on iOS) and use the standard swipe-right-to-delete and edit top-right button and the standard trash and flag button like the email client. Why reinvent the wheel???
+1
and why don't use the native scrolling liste to configure settings
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Vous voulez adapter Waze dans une langue (régionale) non supportée contactez moi

Post by orit_y
Hi Localizers :)

Thanks for informing us of this problem.
fotrik wrote:The buttons "Delete" and "Mark as read" in Inbox are not translated.
Screenshot_2013-03-04-13-58-58.png
I'll add the string "Mark as read" to Transifex.
In IOS you can see the correction immediate after translating the string.
In Android the translation will be visible in the client only with the 3.7 release.
robindlc wrote:It seems that buttons have been designed to fit English words :lol:

So, to say "All" in your language and fit the button, you need to find a 3 characters word with that meaning...
Robin is right, the translation have been designed to fit English words, so for now we need to find the solution in the translation itself (to choose shorter translations). But we are working on changing this process and enable more characters for each string.
davipt wrote: I'd prefer the client would go back to the native list (on iOS) and use the standard swipe-right-to-delete and edit top-right button and the standard trash and flag button like the email client. Why reinvent the wheel???
We are testing this option as well, please feel free to offer ideas and solutions, I'm always happy to hear your thoughts.

Best,
Orit
orit_y
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
In Android "Yesterday" is not translated.
Also the lower left button is too small (as reported already).
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
Attachments

Post by robindlc
It seems that buttons have been designed to fit English words :lol:

So, to say "All" in your language and fit the button, you need to find a 3 characters word with that meaning...
robindlc
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message