Discern between camera & fixed camera

Post by Kuhlkatz
Orit,

As mentioned in PM before, is it possible to split the text for the camera report menu and the camera dialog?
If the dialog heading initially indicates 'Fixed Cameras' it would likely discourage casual Wazers from reporting every speed trap they see as a fixed camera.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:9040325

Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
arbaot wrote:Fake camera can be set to prevent wazers to set (many new ) fixed camera each time they see something that coud be mistaken to a camera
and they do not display any pop up
I don't think any camera, fake or real, showing on the map, prevents users from adding them. I get clusters of new cameras all around intersections which already have them established.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Kuhlkatz
davipt wrote: Won't fit. The text is the same for the icon and the dialogue title, and even if the text is split into two, the dialogue title won't fit "Fixed Camera"
That's the reason for the request. If text like minor accident, police (hidden) and police (visible) can fit into the dialog, then 'Fixed Camera' should also not present a problem.

Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
It's not required to change all the wording, just the initial heading.
The fine print already states that it is for reporting Fixed Cameras already, but nobody in his / her right mind will read that part while racing down a Freeway, so most users never see that.

If the initial heading indicates fixed camera, most users will immediately see that, and that might actually stimulate them to use a bit more brainpower to figure out it's not for reporting speed traps.

Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
davipt wrote:We have three types of things. Or two because the meaning of fakes are still not understood by me.
Fakes are typically mounted in the same cases as the 'Speed' and 'Red Light' cameras. The only difference is that the other 2 actually have working components inside.

It's just for the show and to deter speeding, like putting 'Beware of the Dogs' signs on your gates when all you have is 2 miniature dobermans...
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by no1ne
Fake camera can be set to prevent wazers to set (many new ) fixed camera each time they see something that coud be mistaken to a camera
and they do not display any pop up
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Vous voulez adapter Waze dans une langue (régionale) non supportée contactez moi

Post by zhim57
The popups to confirm if a camera is there are complete nonsense. The cameras are there and nobody is going to remove them in the foreseeable future, why we should get those pop-ups? it is like a pop-up to ask if the road is still there. I am OK with the other pop ups, policemen move, traffic situation changes , but confirmation for a red light camera?!? once installed these things stay....

Another thing is , if possible please include the locations of the red lights in your system, every time I stop at a red light the thing is asking me if I am in traffic. If the system knows there is a traffic light there, may be it can connect the dots itself...
zhim57
Send a message