Hagevoortdreef, Almere, The Netherlands

Post by Potter68
When i was over in holland recently I noticed on two seperate occasions that waze kept trying to make me go the long way around.
On the first occasion I came from the A27 and took a shorcut via the Veluwedreef instead of following the A27 towards the A6 and the driving back down again.
On the other occassion I came from Amsterdam and took one exit earlier then waze suggested and drove on the same veluwedreef, then hagevoortdreef to go to Rodinweg and Ultimaltly the Raoul Dufystraat my final destination.
At one point about 0.5 miles from my destination, it still tried to make me go back onto the original route which would be, 5.1 miles and 10 minutes. Attached screen shot says it all..

First case was planned while i took of somewhere in Ede,
Second one i was near the Rai in Amsterdam. Both cases it was planned directly towards " Raoul Dufystraat Almere" without further details.
Potter68

POSTER_ID:17119321

Send a message
Attachments

Post by AndyPot2
Hi and welcome to Waze,

I have often found that if you deviate from the route Waze has suggested then it will try it's hardest (and often for a long time) to get you back on the original route even when as in your screenshot it is obviously a long way round however there may also be a map problem in your example.

What I do when either I think there is a better way, or when I have made a mistake, is to hit the routing button to force Waze to recalculate the route, it should then offer you several alternatives and usually I just select the first option.

I often also ask Waze to recalculate the route several times during my journey as it will often find a quicker alternative based your current position.
AndyPot2
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by kdevries
I will have a look at it this evening.

I hope you had a nice time in The Netherlands.
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Regio Manager: Fryslân
Country Manager: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
Country Manager: Denmark
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst

Post by kdevries
I have edited the map at that point.

Maybe next time when you have encountered a problem in The Netherlands you better post this in the dutch forum.

The dutch editors are willing to help ;)
kdevries
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Regio Manager: Fryslân
Country Manager: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
Country Manager: Denmark
Bekijk de wiki
Waze woordenlijst

Post by Potter68
I thought lets give it a try, and i found the issue:
The turn on this segment is disallowed. (I assume by the last person who edited)
I cant change it as it requires level 2.
(Besides that, The segment should be merged as it is not making sense to have to sections but thats a different story..)

Length: 9.84 ft
Updated: July 24, 2015 by hvalmere(2) ‎
Created: May 18, 2014 by jvo77(5) ‎
ID: 285394368
Potter68
Send a message

Post by Potter68
5.25640 52.36873 are the coordinates for anyone with a level 2+ account
Potter68
Send a message