No results when searched through Categories.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: No results when searched through Categories.

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:34 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:I believe this JUST changed on the NA server, but historically the Waze landmarks are for map display ONLY and not for search.

I don't think they've enabled Waze-native POI searches yet, except for Gas Stations, which are also on a layer we have no access to in the editor. The plan is to soon start using Waze internal data for addresses (currently almost exclusively bing) and POI info alongside the other providers.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Gas stations, specifically, are not enabled in India. Only 8 countries have this feature available at this time. I am not sure what source the other categories you mention are being used for your country. Have you tried visiting the India forum to ask if others are having similar issues?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:30 am

lunarplexus wrote:What say?

bing locations are about as worthless as their addresses. Both would have to give approval and would likely want money for this to happen. Not sure it's worth it since the search already works. Though 4sq parking lots show up in Waze already in the app visually.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby cherianchris » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:16 am

Alan is right in saying that Native POI searches have not been enabled in the search results yet. As far as Gas Stations are concerned, they don't work in India simply because Waze has not activated them in India.
It is our duty for us to map these POI s in advance and be ready for them as and when Waze activates them in India.
WeeeZer14 wrote:The "Waze" section of search should be treated as "information from Waze itself OR from the provider Waze thinks has the best chance of being correct in your situation." This is not clear or obvious in the client though.

+1 to this suggestion

Chris
cherianchris
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby lunarplexus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:13 pm

It would be brilliant if all POIs on Foursquare or Bing (or both) could automatically synced to the Waze maps. Then it would just be a matter of tweaking their locations.

I'm sure there are logistical implications for this but it could be something Waze could work towards.

What say?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk 2
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus
Level 5 Editor | Area Manager - New Delhi NCR | Country Manager - India
Beta Editor Expert | Android Expert
Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro
lunarplexus
Beta tester
Beta tester

No results when searched through Categories.

Postby Parithosh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:26 pm

When I select any of the options (such as Gas Stations, Banks/ATMs, Restaurants, Mall, etc.) in Categories, no result is shown by Waze and the results from Foursquare and other search engines are shown. This even though plenty of POIs have been added on the WME with complete details including address & type. None of the options in the categories are shown in Waze search results.

Why so?
Area Manager - Mumbai, India.

Parithosh

Postby Parithosh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:13 am

WeeeZer14 wrote:I believe this JUST changed on the NA server, but historically the Waze landmarks are for map display ONLY and not for search.

They are trying to have it work for search also in the US and Canada. If that goes well I assume they will make it work on the world server as well.

If that is the case, then there's no point in having the Waze Search when we try to search through Categories. Not even Gas Stations are shown. All the screen displays is 'No results found'. Then I have to go with the Foursquare results which are, for me, not as reliable as the ones I've myself created on WME.

Regards,
Parithosh.

Parithosh

Postby Parithosh » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Gas stations, specifically, are not enabled in India. Only 8 countries have this feature available at this time. I am not sure what source the other categories you mention are being used for your country. Have you tried visiting the India forum to ask if others are having similar issues?

Apparently none of the POIs are activated.

Maybe that's because the number of POIs created by editors is low as compared to any criteria set by Waze? And once there's an exhaustive list of POIs, they'll activate it for a particular state?

Regards,
Parithosh.

Parithosh

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:30 pm

I believe this JUST changed on the NA server, but historically the Waze landmarks are for map display ONLY and not for search.

They are trying to have it work for search also in the US and Canada. If that goes well I assume they will make it work on the world server as well.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 pm

The "Waze" section of search should be treated as "information from Waze itself OR from the provider Waze thinks has the best chance of being correct in your situation." This is not clear or obvious in the client though.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Return to Search