Searching Network

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Searching Network

Postby BenEddie115 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:50 am

BenEddie
Been using waze for well over a year now love using it, but since I've had the Samsung S5 (Android 4.4.2) the 'searching network' problem has raised it's ugly head. I know I have network coverage but waze will not pick it up.. Have tried everything in the forums turning off, reinstall etc but nothing If anyone has any ideas on a fix it would be much appreciated.
Or this might be a waze issue, if so maybe the next update could address the issue. :roll:
Thanks

(Apologies if already addressed)
BenEddie115

Re: Searching Network

Postby mynameisdriving » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Is that happening always, or randomly?

I'm far from experienced, but learning super fast. I just got out of the dark ages and upgraded from blackberry to Galaxy s3 two months ago. Quickly got, and love, Waze. I'm having a few issues. One is what you're describing but its random. It wont detect internet, and wont, until I do one of two things: shut down and reopen app; or more often, I need to reset phone.

I have no clue why it happens. I'm not even 100% sure if its Waze or my phone. My response probably wont help. Its only a temp solution for me but figured I'd try :)

The official FAQ's answer didn't help me, but on the off chance it helps you, here's the most applicable one I found:

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6090961?hl=en

No internet connection [Android]

From the Android home screen, press the menu key and then go to Settings.
In the Settings menu, scroll and find “Wireless & Networks” or similar group (same place where you turn on bluetooth and WiFi).
Look for Mobile Networks or similar.
Make sure the following are set:
Data enabled should be checked.
Access point in GSM connection should be Internet (and not WAP).
Packet Data should be checked.
Preferred network type should be LTE or 3G.
mynameisdriving

Re: Searching Network

Postby BenEddie115 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks

Finally found the problem hope this helps others, here is what I did:-

Go to Settings-More networks- Mobile networks-Access Point Names-Reset Defaults...
When done highlight VFQ Mobile Internet (Vodafone).

My settings for the phone were somehow incorrect don't know why/how but at least Waze is back up and running..
BenEddie115

Return to Search