Name displayed to friends

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Name displayed to friends

Postby damnenx » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:55 pm

I was furious to find out yesterday that Waze is broadcasting the wrong name to my friends. Who knows what is showing to the rest of the world. While driving yesterday, my husband asked me why I was appearing on his Waze account under the wrong name, a name I use only for business accounts. He checked my settings and saw that the correct name was entered into my settings, but that's not what was being broadcast to the world. How the hell did Waze get that information? I cannot find a way to remove it and Waze doesn't seem to want to take my entries. I do not have that name associated with ANYTHING online. None of my accounts has it and no one knows it. And I want it kept that way. I tried searching your forums to see if anyone else has had this issue, but your search function is so ridiculously simplistic that boolean search terms cannot be utilized, resulting in more returned results than any one person could ever look through. I have enjoyed using Waze, however, this may be reason enough for me to delete my account and never look back. I feel this is an extreme violation of my privacy.
damnenx

Return to Search