Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Cannot find route with new version of Waze

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:28 am

Any chance you would be willing to share the address to the public here?

I don't know much about the new version as I'm on Android. However, my understanding is that favorites are stored essentially as lat/lon coordinates. If these had to be re-searched after the update, maybe something has changed with the address since you stored as a favorite.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:33 pm

There has been a longstanding problem routing from NJ to the OBX. I suspect this isn't an issue with the changes in the new version.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:26 pm

At least from Philadelphia, it has come up before: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=105015
I see a staff acknowledgement of the issue, but I don't remember if they found a cause.

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:51 am

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye out for this.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:20 pm

I have fixed the turns at that intersection and hopefully the tiles will update tonight so everything will work correctly tomorrow.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:28 pm

I have also encountered this problem since going to the new version. I have traveled from Dallas to Ruidoso and back many times using WAZE.

First, after updating, Waze took me 200 miles out of the way. I reported this issue earlier and have been told it was a 'long route' problem and there is a fix coming in the feature.

Second, it now tells me it cannot find a route. This sounds like the same problem you are discussing here, except in a different part of the country. I went online to the 'Live Map' and tried to setup the same route and received the same error - 'Oops, unable to find route'.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:06 am

This is not necessarily a version 4 issue. Sometimes, for reasons beyond me, Waze will lose the location of a favorite. You need to remove old favorite and then add it back.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:34 am

Find an editor for NC. This segment has restricted turns that need to be fixed.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Sent a PM to that editor and the SMs there. Nice find! :-) Hope correcting that helps with routing. There could be other errors.

Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Tanker1rollin wrote:Hi Crazycaveman,

Routes below Avon, NC on Hwy 12 are still not working. You think the corrections you made have been accepted into the map files yet?

THANKS!

Looks like not. The status page still shows 10/18 as being the last update. :(

https://wazestatus.wordpress.com/
Post a reply